One postdoctoral position in catalysis is available at Section for Catalysis, Department of Chemistry/Centre for Materials Science and Nanotechnology.
Norwegian and foreign applicants can apply for this fellowship. The candidate must hold a Ph.D. or other corresponding education equivalent to a Norwegian doctoral degree in Chemistry.
Exceptional Fellowship in Catalysis at University of Oslo.
User Review( vote)
University offers a number of general and subject-specific funding schemes. The aim of the fellowship is to attract the best and most motivated people to Norway.
Why at The University of Oslo– The university is the oldest, largest and most prestigious university in Norway, located in the Norwegian capital of Oslo. UiO attracts students and researchers from all over the world.
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for this fellowship:
- The Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences has a strategic ambition of being a leading research faculty.
- Candidates for this fellowship will be selected in accordance with this strategy, and are expected to be in the upper segment of their class with respect to academic credentials.
- The candidate must hold a Ph.D. or other corresponding education equivalent to a Norwegian doctoral degree in Chemistry.
- Fellowship is provided for pursuing the postdoctoral program.
- The fellowship is tenable in Catalysis at the University of Oslo in Norway.
- The applicant should have comprehensive experience in the use of in situ and operando spectroscopic facilities in combination with Infrared and Large-scale facilities’ equipment such as X-ray Absorption beamlines.
- Applicants having qualifications in powder X-ray diffraction Transmission Electron microscopy, Inelastic Neutron scattering and SAXS will be preferred.
- It is imperative that the candidates are highly self-driven and able to take responsibility for his/her own work, including troubleshooting and acquiring additional skills required to reach the project goals.
- Norwegian and foreign applicants can apply for this fellowship.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: The mode of applying is online. Foreign applicants are advised to attach an explanation of their University’s grading system (if applicable). Please remember that all documents should be in English or a Scandinavian language.
- Supporting Documents: To apply, students must be ready to submit the CV, Letters of recommendation, letters including a statement of research interests, Copies of educational certificates and transcript of records, List of other academic works, Names and contact details of 2-3 referees (name, relation to candidate, e-mail, and telephone number).
- Admission Requirements: To apply for the program applicants need to follow the
- Language Requirement: A good command of English is required for all students attending the University of Oslo.
Benefit: Position code 1352, NOK 486 100 – 567 100 per year, (Pay Grade: 57 – 65), depending on qualifications and seniority.
Application Deadline: Closed