Want to pursue a career in the field of Robotics and Animation? Here, you have a marvelous opportunity to apply for the Postdoctoral Research Fellowship in Robotics and Animation conferring by the University of Edinburgh in the Uk.
Study Subject(s): Robotics and Animation
Course Level: Postdoctoral Research
Scholarship Provider: University of Edinburgh, UK
The award can be taken at the UK
A fine program for Uk students
User Review( votes)
Application Deadline: Check back next year
For being eligible, you must meet with the following requirements:
- Strong mathematical skills in the area of optimization and control theory.
- Strong programming skills in C, C++, MATLAB or equivalent
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and to meet deadlines
- Desirable:- Ph.D. (or expected completion) in the areas related to computer graphics or robotics..
- Experience in using physical simulators such as Open Dynamics Engine or PhysX
Scholarship Open for International Students: No
Description: We have an opening for one postdoctoral position in Robotics and Animation. The successful candidate is expected to have (or be near completion) a Ph.D. in the area of computer animation and graphics and the candidate is expected to have strong mathematical skills in the area of optimization and control theory, and good programming skills. It is also preferable to have experience working in the area of machine learning or robotics and have some familiarity with concepts such as character animation, 3D physical simulation, and machine learning techniques. The post is funded by an EPSRC project that focuses on developing state-of-the-art motion generation systems for robotic manipulation under uncertainty using concepts of topology space and data-driven dimensionality reduction. The appointee will be responsible for the direct implementation of character/humanoid control in physical simulators (Open Dynamics Engine, PhysX), simulation of deformable objects including strands and cloth, and control of robots such as the Kuka LWR and Nao Humanoids.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: For gaining the award, candidates need to take admission in the Ph.D. program at the University of Edinburgh. After taking confirmation, you will be automatically considered for the opportunity
- Supporting Documents: The university may ask you for the academic transcript of all the previous school attended
- Admission Requirements: For being enrolled in a postgraduate degree, you need to hold the master’s degree certificates in the relevant subject area.
- Language Requirements: Applicants must be proficient in the English language