The Oxford Internet Institute (OII) is awarding Postdoctoral Researcher Position in Digital Ethics. UK applicants can apply for these positions.
This is looking for a full-time Postdoctoral Researcher to collaborate with Professor Luciano Floridi on the ethical challenges posed by digital technologies (digital ethics).
The Oxford Internet Institute (OII) is a multi-disciplinary department, part of the University of Oxford, England. It is housed over three sites on St Giles in Oxford, including a primary site at 1 St Giles, owned by Balliol College. The department undertakes research and teaching devoted to understanding life online, with the aim of shaping Internet research, policy, and practice.
Course Level: Positions are available to pursue postdoctoral research.
Study Subject: Positions are awarded in Digital Ethics.
Scholarship Award: Grade 7: Positions is available in £31,076 to £38,183 p.a.
Number of Scholarships: Not Known
Scholarship can be taken in the UK
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for positions:
- The position is suited to candidates who have recently completed a doctorate in any relevant discipline, especially philosophy, ethics, law, sociology.
- The list is not exclusive and a degree in computer science, AI, machine learning, economics, STS, and geography (this list is only indicative) is also relevant, if combined with a proven interest (e.g., publication, organization of workshops and panel, and talks) in ethical, legal, or social impact analysis of digital technologies.
Nationality: UK applicants can apply for these positions.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Applicant must have previous Degree.
English Language Requirements: Students need to demonstrate that they have a good level of written and spoken English
How to Apply:
- This position is available from the 1 September 2017 for 18 months in the first instance, with the possibility of renewal thereafter, funding permitting.
- Please note that you may only apply through the Oxford University’s recruitment website.
- Only applications received before 12:00 pm BST on Monday 26 June 2017 will be considered.
- Interviews for those short-listed are currently planned to take place on the week commencing 17 July 2017.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is June 26, 2017.