Are you interested in conducting research on school-related history didactics? Then, Umea University has an opportunity for you! It has announced the Postdoctoral Researcher in History Didactics Positions for the academic year 2022-2023.
This position is open to all interested students, be it international or domestic, who hold a relevant doctorate or its foreign equivalent. Students must have good English and Swedish proficiency to be considered. Selected candidates will be offered full-time employment with a handsome salary every month.
A fine chance for applicants in Sweden.
User Review( votes)
The Umea University was founded in 1965 and is the fifth oldest within Sweden’s present borders and is a public research university mid-northern region of Sweden, ranking at the 7th position nationwide. It is Sweden’s flagship university.
Why choose to study at Umea University? The Umea University is a dynamic and open culture that makes for high-quality education and research that aims to provide education and research that contributes to individuals’ understanding, ability, and responsibility about societal challenges and the importance of sustainable development through interplay with the surrounding society.
Application Deadline: Applicants must be submitted before 31st August 2022.
- University or Organization: Umea University
- Department: Department of Historical, Philosophical and Religious Studies
- Course Level: Postdoctoral
- Award: Salary
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International and Domestic
- The award can be taken in Sweden.
- Eligible Countries: All international and home country students are eligible to apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Students can apply for the Postdoctoral researcher in history didactics at Umea University.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must be awarded the required qualification per the position’s requirement.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: All applicants must first apply for admission via the university portal. Application for this specific position can be made via this page.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- A short description of your research interests and your motivation for applying for the present position (1-2 pages)
- A complete publication list with electronic copies of 3–5 of the most relevant works, the PhD thesis included
- Certificate of a doctoral degree and other relevant degrees
- A brief research plan (4-6 pages)
- Contact information for at least two reference persons
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must hold a doctorate, or a foreign qualification deemed the equivalent of a doctorate in a subject within history or behavioural science that is relevant for the position and qualifies for employment as a postdoctoral researcher.
- Language Requirement: The candidates are required to hold proficiency in written and spoken Swedish and or English as Swedish is the main working language at the department, but English is also used when necessary.
The candidates selected will be offered an appointment for a full-time, fixed-term position for two years by the terms of the contract for fixed-term employment as a postdoctoral researcher at Umea University.