Postdoctoral Researcher,Environmental Biogeochemical Cycle Research Program (EBCRP), Research Institute for Global Change, Japan
Job Description: The atmospheric geochemical cycle research team of EBCRP in RIGC solicits an application for Postdoctoral Researcher to its Environment Research and Technology Development Fund theme S-7 supported by the Ministry of the Environment (MOE).
User Review( votes)
Applicants are invited for the Postdoctral Researcher in following research activities:
(1) Analysis of the transport and transform processes of pollutants such as ozone and PM2.5 in East Asia and Northern Hemisphere by using regional chemical transport models (CTMs). A close collaboration with the observational sub-themes in S-7 is expected.
(2) Analysis of decadal-scale variations of ozone and aerosols by CTM calculations
(3) Development and validation of aerosol processes in regional CTMs
(4) Source-Receptor analysis and sensitivity analysis of the concentation of pollutants to the change of emissions.
1. Candidates must have a Ph.D. in Atmospheric Science or a closely related field. Advanced knowledge in atmospheric CTMs, FORTRAN programming, large dataset handling, visualization software, and UNIX environment are required. Also, applicants must be within five years since awarded a Ph.D. at the time of appointment. Successful candidate will be hired as a Postdoctoral Researcher.
2. Any nationality, any sex, and any age could be applied. JAMSTEC has the principle of equality of men and women as it relates to the recruitment of all staff.
Yokohama Institute for Earth Sciences (YES),
Japan Agency for Marine-Earth Science and Technology (JAMSTEC)
3173-25 Showa-machi, Kanazwa-ku, Yokohama City, Kanagawa, 236-0001 JAPAN
Aannual salary : JPY5,256,000
1. Required documents
a) One copy of research proposal including the research program which you desire to participate in. (A4 size, 1 page)
b) Two reference (recommendation) letters written by senior research scientists, which should be sent directly from them by POST. Applicant’s name should be written on the envelope.
c) One copy of a resume. (a valid email address is essential)
d) One copy of publication list including thesis titles, with marks on representative publications. Please separate those with referred journals from other publications.
e) One copy of a list for competitive research fund from some kind of research institution in Japan. (Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research, any funded research from Japan Science and Technology Agency, etc)
Required documents must be sent by POST and reach JAMSTEC before/on the closing date. Electronic format will NOT be accepted.
*Please write “PERSONNEL, EBCRP(pos-doc), RIGC” (in red) on the front of the envelope. Registered mail is recommended for confirming the receipt of your application (no acknowledgement will be provided)
3. Interview and Appointment
Candidates will be selected based on submitted application material, followed by an interview currently scheduled in late August 2010.
The successful candidates are expected to join us from October 1st, 2010, but the appointment date is negotiable.
Application Deadline August 6th, 2010 (The application documents must arrive at JAMSTEC by this date).