With its development-oriented postgraduate study programs, DAAD Development promotes the training of specialists of new industrial countries.
Founded in Heidelberg in 1925 on the initiative of a student, DAAD has since become one of the most important funding organizations in the world for an international exchange of students and researchers.
Great Chance to study in Germany.
User Review( votes)
Why study at DAAD? The DAAD supports over 100,000 German and international students and researchers around the globe each year – making it the world’s largest funding organization of its kind.
Application Deadline: Open
- University or Organization: German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD)
- Department: NA
- Course Level: The studentships are available to pursue a postgraduate degree at a state or state-recognized German university, and in exceptional cases to take a doctoral degree, and to obtain a university qualification (Master’s/PhD) in Germany.
- Awards: 850 euros for graduates or 1,200 euros for doctoral candidates
- Access Mode: Post or electronically
- Number of Awards: Not known
- Nationality: Foreign Students
- The award can be taken in Germany
- Language: English or German
- Eligible Countries: Foreign Students are eligible to apply
- Eligible Course or Subjects: The sponsorship will be for pursuing development-related postgraduate courses.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the given criteria:
- The applicants must be Graduates with at least two years’ professional experience. They fulfil the necessary academic requirements and can be expected to successfully complete a study programme in Germany (above-average result for the first academic exam – top performance third, language skills)
- Candidates can prove their motivation is development-related and be expected to take on social responsibility and initiate and support processes of change in their personal and professional environment after their training/scholarship
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To apply, the applicants must submit an online application. individual opportunitys exclusively for Postgraduate courses in Germany are listed on the List of all Postgraduate courses with application deadlines 2021/22.
- Supporting Documents: As part of the application, the applicants must submit all the following required documents: DAAD application form, hand-signed CV (use the Europass specimen form at http://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/), hand-signed letter of motivation (with reference to current occupation) maximum 2 pages, academic letter/s of recommendation (the letters must have a letterhead, a signature and office stamp and must be of recent date, professional letter/s of recommendation from your employer (the letters must have a letterhead, a signature and office stamp and must be of recent date), confirmation of employment from the employer in your home country and -if possible- a guarantee of re-employment upon your return home, Proof of language abilities: a) English – TOEFL or IELTS (Note: We only accept an academic TOEFL) b) German – necessary for the courses taught in German; for the courses taught in English, if available, copies of awarded academic degrees (certified translation if necessary) – copies of academic transcripts (certified translation if necessary)
- Admission Requirements: To apply the applicants must be graduates with at least two years’ professional experience and have a Bachelor degree (usually a four-year course) in an appropriate subject.
- Language Requirement: English or German
The university will provide all the following:
- Depending on the academic level, monthly payments of 850 euros for graduates or 1,200 euros for doctoral candidates.
- Payments towards health, accident and personal liability insurance cover.
- Travel allowance, unless these expenses are covered by the home country or another source of funding.