German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) is offering DAAD postgraduate placements for Developing Countries. These programs are open to pursuing a postgraduate degree program at German institutions of Higher education.
With its development-oriented postgraduate study programs, DAAD Development promotes the training of specialists of new industrial countries.
Excellent chance for Developing Countries’ Students.
User Review( votes)
Founded in Heidelberg in 1925 on the initiative of a student, DAAD has since become one of the most important funding organizations in the world for international exchange of researchers.
Why at DAAD- The DAAD supports over 100,000 German and international candidates and researchers around the globe each year – making it the world’s largest funding organization of its kind.
Application Deadline: Depending on the chosen study programme; check deadlines
- All international applicants from around the world are eligible to apply.
- The subjects will be for pursuing development-related postgraduate courses.
- To be eligible, the students must meet all the given criteria:
- The applicants must be Graduates with at least two years’ professional experience. They fulfill the necessary academic requirements and can be expected to successfully complete a study programme in Germany (above-average result for first academic exam – top performance third, language skills)
- Candidates can prove their motivation is development-related and be expected to take on social responsibility and initiate and support processes of change in their personal and professional environment after their training/education
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To apply, the applicants must submit an online application through the link: https://www.daad.de/medien/deutschland/stipendien/formulare/forschungsstipendium_en.pdf
- Supporting Documents: As part of the application, the applicants must submit all the following required documents: DAAD application form, hand-signed CV (use the Europass specimen form at http://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/), hand-signed letter of motivation (with reference to current occupation) maximum 2 pages, academic letter/s of recommendation (the letters must have a letterhead, a signature and office stamp and must be of recent date, professional letter/s of recommendation from your employer (the letters must have a letterhead, a signature and office stamp and must be of recent date), confirmation of employment from the employer in your home country and -if possible- a guarantee of re-employment upon your return home, Proof of language abilities: a) English – TOEFL or IELTS (Note: We only accept an academic TOEFL) b) German – necessary for the courses taught in German; for the courses taught in English, if available, copies of awarded academic degrees (certified translation if necessary) – copies of academic transcripts (certified translation if necessary)
- Admission Requirements: to apply the applicants must be graduates with at least two years’ professional experience and have a Bachelor degree (usually a four-year course) in an appropriate subject
- Language Requirement: English or German
The university will provide all the following:
- Depending on the academic level, monthly payments of 850 euros for graduates or 1,200 euros for doctoral candidates
- Payments towards health, accident and personal liability insurance cover
- Travel allowance, unless these expenses are covered by the home country or another source of funding