Education is the most important investment one makes for the future. That’s why the University of the Witwatersrand is delighted to announce Postgraduate Merit Awards Part-Time.
The aim of the award (PMA) is to assist graduates to complete Honours, Masters or PhD degrees by research or by a combination of the course work and research on both a full-time and part-time basis.
Valuable chance to study at University of the Witwatersrand.
User Review( votes)
They are committed to providing high-quality, internationally competitive education, founded on high academic standards, cutting-edge research, public engagement, and productive partnerships with leading institutions throughout the world.
Why at the University of Witwatersrand? The university aspires to be a leading world-class research-intensive university firmly in place among international top league universities by 2022. It is to grow its global stature as a leading research-intensive university.
Application Deadline: April 30, 2020
University or Organization: University of the Witwatersrand
Course Level: Honours, Masters or PhD degrees
Award: Tuition fee
Access Mode: Online
Number of Awards: NA
Nationality: Domestic students
The program can be taken in South Africa
Eligible Countries: Domestic students are eligible to apply.
Acceptable Course or Subjects: The sponsorship will be awarded to study in an Honours, Masters or PhD degree offered by the university.
Admissible Criteria: Students are eligible to apply for this study grant.
- A student applying for a Master’s degree will receive a Postgraduate Merit Award if he/she receives an average mark of 70% or above for their Honors degree.
- For students applying for an Honours degree the selection criteria for the granting of the Postgraduate Merit Award are:
- Only the two most recent years of study will be considered
- A student must obtain a minimum mark of 65% and above
- The mark is calculated using a weighted average which takes into account course length and credits as well as faculty differences.
- A student applying for a PhD degree will receive a Postgraduate Merit Award if:
- The Master’s degree was completed within two years full-time or three years part-time.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To take advantage of this program, aspirants must have to apply for admission to this university. After taking admission applicants are automatically considered for this study award.
- Admission Requirements: When you are ready to prepare your application, you will need to check out the admission requirements page.
- Supporting Documents: For the opportunity applications, applicants need to provide certified copies of academic transcripts and degree certificates, certified Key to grades in percentages.
- Language Requirement: The candidate should have a very good command of the English language. Therefore, the application should be written in English.
Benefit: The university will provide tuition fees to a maximum of R45 000 will be awarded to students who qualify.