Aiming to support students dreaming of undertaking their PhD study in Australia, the University of Sydney is establishing the Postgraduate Research Stipend Scholarships in Chemical Biology for the academic year 2023-2024.
The scholarship, as the name suggests, is especially for students enrolling in a postgraduate-level study in chemical biology at the Faculty of Science at the University of Sydney. The applicants must have an admission letter, a strong background inorganic synthesis and chemical biology, and an honours or master’s degree in a relevant field to be considered. The stipend awarded to selected candidates is $28,870 p.a for 3 years of study.
Nice offer for students to complete their research study in Australia
User Review( votes)
The University of Sydney, also known as Sydney University, is a public research university located in Sydney, founded in 1850. This oldest university and one of the country’s six sandstone universities is of global recognition and ranks 41st in QS World University Rankings 2023.
Why choose to study at the University of Sydney? The University of Sydney engages its students in teaching and learning of the highest ethical standards. The university, by equipping its students with leadership qualities so they can serve their communities at every level, produces leaders of society.
Application Deadline: Applications will close on 3rd April 2023.
- University or Organization: University of Sydney
- Department: Faculty of Science
- Course Level: Postgraduate Research
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Domestic and International
- The award can be taken in Australia
- Eligible Countries: Home and overseas students can apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: PhD programmes within the Faculty of Science
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must be domestic or international students.
- The applicants must have an unconditional offer of admission to undertake a PhD full-time in the Faculty of Science at the University of Sydney.
- The applicants be willing to conduct research in and have a strong background in organic synthesis and chemical biology.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Admission applications must be made on the university portal. Interested students must submit a separate scholarship application form to be considered.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Final research proposal
- Official academic transcripts in the original language and English translation
- Curriculum Vitae or resume
- A passport or birth certificate or citizenship certificate
- A declaration from the employer
- Two referee report
- Any other documents
- Student visa
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must have an Honours degree (First Class or Second Class Upper) or equivalent, or a Master’s degree with a substantial research component.
- Language Requirement: The students must meet the University’s standard English language proficiency requirement at the time of accepting the offer.
The University of Sydney will award the scholarship winners a stipend allowance equivalent to the ARC Discovery Project Stipend rate, $28,870 per annum for up to 3 years of study.