The University of Sheffield is offering the postgraduate placements for UK/EU Students starting a taught postgraduate course in 2021. If your application is successful you can use the scholarship towards fees or living expenses – the choice is yours.
The University of Sheffield is a premier-league, research-led institution with a population of over 25,000 students including more than 6,500 international students from over 115 countries.
Why study at the University of Sheffield? At this University, candidates can develop their skills and build working knowledge and pursue their interests and meet new people.
- Course Level: The studentships are available to pursue a postgraduate programme.
- Study Subject: The studentships are awarded to learn any of the courses offered by the university.
- Awards: The University of Sheffield is pleased to offer 100+ scholarships worth £10,000 each for home students starting a taught postgraduate course in 2021.
- Number of Awards: 100+ financial aid positions will be awarded.
- Nationality: UK/EU students are eligible to apply for these endowments.
- The award can be taken in the UK
You can apply for a scholarship if you meet the following four criteria:
- Studying a taught postgraduate course full-time or part-time for a maximum of four years.
- Domiciled in the UK or European Union (EU) and not charged international rate fees.
- Not already qualified at the master’s level, or higher.
- From a group that is evidentially under-represented among the institution’s taught masters population – see the widening participation criteria below.
- Already achieved or currently predicted a first-class undergraduate degree.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: The mode of application is online.
- English Language Requirement: These are the qualifications most commonly presented by applicants. However, different courses require different levels of achievement in these qualifications.
- International English Language Testing Service (IELTS): Overall score of 6.5 or above, with at least 5.5 in each component
- Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English (CAE): Overall score of 176 or above, with at least 162 in each component
- Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE): Overall score of 176 or above, with at least 162 in each component
- Pearson Test of English Academic (PTE Academic): Overall score of 61 or above, with at least 51 in each component
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) internet-based test (IBT): Overall score of 88 or above, with at least 17 in Listening, 17 in Writing, 18 in Reading and 20 in Speaking
- University of Sheffield English Proficiency Test (USEPT) (graded as a percentage equivalent to IELTS point score, eg 65% = IELTS 6.5): Overall score of 65% or above, with at least 55% in each component.
Application Deadline: May 10, 2021.