University of Winnipeg is now accepting applications for President Scholarship. These financial aid positions will be given to international students entering any of the University’s divisions for the first time.
The University of Winnipeg is a public university in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada that offers undergraduate faculties of Art, Business and Economics, Education, Science and Kinesiology and Applied Health as well as graduate programs.
User Review( votes)
The language of instruction at the University of Winnipeg is English. Students must have a level of ability in English that allows them to participate in all aspects of university study, including lectures, reading, writing, and discussion.
- Application Deadline: October 1, 2018 for Winter 2019.
- Course Level: The studentships are available for students entering first year of any program: – Undergraduate, Graduate, Collegiate, Professional, Applied and Continuing Education (PACE) or English Language Program (ELP).
- Study Subject: The studentships are awarded to study all subjects offered by the university.
- Award: The President’s funding for World Leaders ranges from $3,500 – $5,000.
English Language Program: $3,500
Professional, Applied Continuing Education: $3,500
- Number of Awards: 15 opportunities are available.
- Nationality: International students
- The award can be taken in Canada
- Eligible Countries: International students can apply for these endowments.
- Entrance Requirements: Candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Have a minimum 80% admission average or equivalent.
- Be an international student.
- Entering first year of any program.
- Demonstrate exceptional leadership qualities.
- Apply for admission by the program deadline date.
- English Language Requirements: Below are a list of the tests and programs for English language that are acceptable at The University of Winnipeg:
Test of English as a Foreign Language (IELTS): A minimum score of 550 with no less than 50 in each component (paper-based), or achieve a minimum score of 80 with no less than 19 in each component (internet-based).
International English Language Testing System (IELTS): Minimum band score of 6.5 based on the Academic Module
Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE): Minimum grade C
CanTest: An average score of 4.5 in Listening and Reading; and a score of 4.0 in writing
A score of 3.5 in writing may be considered, depending on the program of study, and provided the student is registered in Academic Writing Extended (ESL).
Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE): A score of C
Michigan English Language Assessment Battery (MELAB): Minimum score of 80%
Canadian Academic English Language Assessment (CAEL): Minimum score of 60
Pearson Test of English PTE (Academic): Minimum of score of 58
Academic English Program for University and College Entrance (AEPUCE): Successful Completion
Full Name: English Language Program (ELP) at The University of Winnipeg: Successful Completion of Academic Level 5
Full Name: English for Specific Purposes Program (ESP) at The University of Winnipeg: Minimum C+ in Academic Writing 1 and 2
How to Apply: Applications should be submitted via post.
In addition to this application, please submit the following pieces of information:
- Personal Statement: Outline leadership qualities, extra-curricular/volunteer involvement and academic goals. This should be 250-500 words.
- Resume: List volunteer/extra-curricular activities in chronological order, work experience, awards, any publications, etc.
- Official Transcript.