Academically talented students that have performed excellently can apply for the Presidential Scholarships offered by Alvernia University to financially support their study costs for the academic year 2022-2023.
Undergraduate international students applying to study at Alvernia University are eligible to apply for and take this $24,000 per year scholarship award. It will be awarded to the top tier of international applications in academic performance and standardized test scores.
With wonderful awards, this scholarship seeks to assist students to gain an education at an undergraduate level in the USA.
User Review( votes)
Once known as Alvernia College, the school gained university status in 2008. Alvernia University is a private Franciscan Roman Catholic university in Reading, Pennsylvania. Alvernia fosters the missionary spirit of the Bernardine Sisters, valuing the diversity of thought, faiths, and cultures, where creativity is celebrated, and service is paramount.
Why choose to study at Alvernia University? Alvernia University has a vibrant intellectual environment where students learn, discover, give and grow as leaders with moral courage. Alvernia is a rigorous, caring, and inclusive learning community committed to academic excellence and to being and fostering broadly educated, lifelong learners, reflective professionals, and engaged citizen and ethical leaders with moral courage.
Application Deadline: The scholarship applications will not be accepted after 1st May 2022.
- University or Organization: Alvernia University
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Undergraduate
- Award: $24,000
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in the USA.
- Eligible Countries: All international applicants are eligible to apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Undergraduate programmes offered at Alvernia University can be applied.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicant must be a full-time, degree-seeking undergraduate student mainly attending daytime classes.
- The applicants must have earned a minimum 3.0 overall cumulative GPA by the May 1 scholarship application deadline.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Students can submit their admission applications via the Common Application portal or the university portal. All students that meet the eligibility criteria for the scholarship will be considered.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Official copies of all education credentials, such as high school transcripts or equivalent high school completion certificates.
- Foreign Credential Equivalency Report(s) of all documents must be submitted with a copy of the original documents
- Financial Statement via the International Student Certification of Finance.
- Two letters of recommendation
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must complete an application to Alvernia University along with all supporting documents.
- Language Requirement: The students must submit scores of the following English language proficiency tests:
- TOEFL PBT – 550 or higher
- TOEFL CBT – 190-213
- TOEFL IBT – 75-80
- IELTS – 5.5 or higher.
- DUOLINGO – 85 or higher
Alvernia University will provide the selected undergraduate students with a scholarship amount of $24,000 per year for their education costs.