The Shanghai University of Sport is pleased to offer the President’s Scholarships applications to high-level international students with excellent academic performance to study in China.
The award program is open to attracting global students with high language ability and excellent professional backgrounds considering studying for undergraduate, master’s, and PhD degrees at the university.
Nice offer to study in China.
User Review( votes)
Shanghai University of Sport was founded in November 1952 as a public university in Shanghai, China. It is ranked #421 in Best Global Universities. SHU has recognized a complete education system covering all levels of degree programs and arranged a mobile station for post-doctoral research in sport science.
Why study at the Shanghai University of Sport? It is a multi-disciplined university with six categories of education. At SHU, over 70% of students get placed annually, and the remaining move forward with master’s.
Application Deadline: 30 April 2023.
- University or Organization: University of Sport
- Department: All
- Course Level: Undergraduate, Master’s, and Doctoral
- Award: Full and partial scholarships
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Varies
- Nationality: non-Chinese citizens
- The award can be taken in China
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The scholarship will be awarded to undergraduate, master’s, and doctoral majors
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Applicants shall be non-Chinese citizens holding regular foreign passports, who shall be physically and mentally healthy and have the disciplinary background required for the program applied for. Those applying for the master/doctoral program shall also have research capabilities.
- Applicants of the undergraduate program shall meet the following requirements for nationality: According to JWH  No. 12 of the Ministry of Education of the People’s Republic of China and Article 5 of the Nationality Law of the People’s Republic of China, the person whose parents are both Chinese nationals and have both settled abroad, or one of whose parents is a Chinese national and has settled abroad, and who has acquired foreign nationality at birth shall not have Chinese nationality.
- Such person, when applying for scholarships as an international student, shall have held a valid foreign passport or nationality certificate for more than four years (inclusive) and provide records of living outside China for more than two years from 30 April 2019 to 30 April 2023 (the actual residence outside China of 9 months or longer can be considered a full year, subject to the arrival/departure customs stamp).
- A person who has migrated from the Chinese mainland, Hong Kong, Macao, and Taiwan (China), when applying for scholarships as an international student, shall have obtained a foreign nationality before 30 April 2019 and provide records of living outside China for more than two years from 30 April 2019 to 30 April 2023 (the actual residence outside China of 9 months or longer can be considered a full year, subject to the arrival/departure customs stamp).
- Educational background:
- 1) Applicants of the undergraduate program shall have an educational background equal to a high school degree in China and be under 22.
- 2) Applicants of the master’s program shall have a bachelor’s degree and be under 30.
- 3) Applicants of the doctoral program shall have a master’s degree and be under 35.
- Applicants shall have no criminal records.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Applicants shall log in to “Shanghai University of Sport – International Student Service System” to register and fill in the application form with the required documents (in electronic version).
- Supporting Documents: Applicants are required to submit all the following:
- One copy of your valid passport
- Applicants living in the Chinese mainland shall provide a copy of the currently valid visa or the residence permit page.
- One notarized copy of your graduation or degree certificate
- One notarized copy of the school report for the highest education
- The original of the HSK certificate or any other certificate proving equal language proficiency which is valid within two years
- Applicants pursuing the master’s degree/doctoral degree shall provide recommendation letters in Chinese or English from two professors or associate professors
- A research plan is written in Chinese or English (with no less than 1,000 characters/words), Tutor’s Acceptance Letter (if any), and previous research results/academic papers (if any).
- One copy of the Foreigner Physical Examination Form (of the past six months)
- One video (MP4) with a length of fewer than 3 minutes to introduce yourself in both Chinese and English
- Certificate of No Criminal Records or Commitment on No Criminal Records: Commitment Letter of No Criminal Record
- Guardian’s Guarantee for applicants aged under 18 as of 1 September 2023
- Letter of Guarantee or Bank Statement proving a minimum bank deposit of CNY 100,000
- Payment certificate of the registration fee
- Admission Requirements: The GPA of the previous study period shall not be lower than 3.0, or the average score of all subjects shall not be lower than 75 points.
- Language Requirement: Applicants must meet the following language requirements:
- Students applying for sports majors taught in Chinese shall pass the Chinese Proficiency Test (equal to or higher than HSK5).
- Students applying for the major of international Chinese education shall pass the Chinese Proficiency Test (equal to or higher than HSK6).
- Students applying for majors taught in English shall be native speakers of English or provide the English proficiency certificate, with IELTS scores equal to or higher than 6.5 points and TOEFL IBT scores equal to or higher than 80 points.
The President’s Scholarship for International Students at Shanghai University of Sport in China will be awarded awards (includes full and partial scholarships) as the following:
Full Scholarships: Full awards includes tuition, accommodation expenses, living expenses, and total medical insurance expenses.
- Undergraduate Full scholarship: CNY 20,000 per year for tuition, CNY 8,400 per year for accommodation expenses, CNY 20,000 per year for living expenses, and CYN 800 per year for insurance expenses.
- Master’s Full scholarship: CNY 25,000 per year for tuition, CNY 8,400 per year for accommodation expenses, CNY 20,000 per year for living expenses, and CYN 800 per year for insurance expenses.
- PhD Full scholarship: CNY 30,000 per year for tuition, CNY 8,400 per year for accommodation expenses, CNY 24,000 per year for living expenses, and CYN 800 per year for insurance expenses.
Partial scholarships: Partial awards include Type A and Type B scholarships
- Undergraduate Partial Type A scholarship: CNY 20,000 per year tuition, CNY 8,400 per year accommodation expenses
- Undergraduate Partial Type B scholarship: CNY 20,000 per year tuition
- Master’s Partial Type A scholarship: CNY 25,000 per year tuition, CNY 8,400 per year accommodation expenses
- Master’s Partial Type B scholarship: CNY 25,000 per year tuition
- PhD Partial Type A scholarship: CNY 30,000 per year tuition, CNY 8,400 per year accommodation expenses
Note: Students receiving Type A scholarships will receive free on-campus accommodation.
Those approved to live off the campus will receive a monthly accommodation allowance: of CNY 700/month for undergraduates, masters, and doctoral students.
Students will collect living expenses for ten months each year (excluding the winter and summer holidays).