‘Online Business: Pricing for Success’ is a free online course by RMIT University on FutureLearn.com. This course is targeted at learners who have a small business or are considering setting up an online business and wish to understand the principles of costing and pricing, through a series of short case studies, practical exercises and the completion of templates.
In this course, applicants will discover why pricing is key to the success of your startup, with one of four courses in the Online Business Success program. The course will start on April 17, 2017.
User Review( votes)
Course At Glance
Length: 4 weeks
Effort: 2 hours/week
Subject: Online Business
Institution: RMIT University and Future learn
Certificate Available: Yes
Session: Course starts on April 17, 2017
RMIT is a global university of technology, design and enterprise specialising in art and design; architecture and the built environment; engineering; computer science; and business and management studies.
One of Australia’s original tertiary institutions, RMIT University has over 80,000 students (including 12,000 at postgraduate level) who are undertaking professional and vocational education, applied research, and industry and community engagement.
About This Course
Do you ever hear people say “I have a lot of interest in my business and I am working hard, but I am not making any money”? This free online course will help you understand the key aspects of getting your prices and costs right, while aligning pricing to your marketing strategies.
Why Take This Course?
This is a free online course. This MOOC will be offered with Video Transcripts in English. Applicants can get a verified certificate.
- Compare pricing solutions that best suit your business objectives
- Investigate and determine the start-up costs, assets and capital of your business
- Apply a range of accounting methods to confirm your pricing strategy and its impact on business health
- Develop numeric literacy to appreciate the financial viability of your business
By the end of the course, you will understand:
- How to make practical pricing decisions;
- How to assess the expenses of a business;
- Methods for understanding and analysing the numbers;
- And how to read the numbers.
This course is targeted at learners who have a small business or are considering setting up an online business and wish to understand the principles of costing and pricing, through a series of short case studies, practical exercises and the completion of templates.
Brett Stavenuiter is an entrepreneur, business owner and business consultant with 25 years experience assisting over 5000 successful entrepreneurial business start ups in Australia and Indonesia.
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Sign Up At FutureLearn
- Select a course and Join
- Once a course has started, applicant will be able to access the course material
- After the start date, students will be able to access the course by following the Go To Course link on My Courses page.
- Applicants can buy, to show that they have completed a FutureLearn course.
- On some FutureLearn courses, learners will be able to pay to take an exam to qualify for a Statement of Attainment. (These are university-branded, printed certificates that provide proof of learning on the course topic(s)).