Princeton in Africa has designed the Princeton in Africa Nexus Fellowship program to enrich the professional growth in African continents and bring young educated professionals to Africa. Students can apply for the academic year 2023-2024.
Graduates holding an undergraduate degree, a master‡s degree (or equivalent), or a PhD from an African University are eligible to participate in this fellowship program. This fellowship program will cover application and tuition fees, transportation, roundtrip airfare, medical expenses, etc. The applicants must be students from African countries to be considered.
Nice opportunity for students
User Review( votes)
Princeton in Africa is an independent non-profit organization affiliated with Princeton University that helps future leaders develop lifelong connections to the people and nations of Africa. Princeton in Africa encourages its Fellows to cultivate meaningful relationships with communities in Africa and one another.
The Princeton in Africa organization offers highly selective yearlong fellowships to recent college graduates with organizations across the African continent. Their work enables its fellows to make significant contributions to Africa‡s well-being. The Princeton in Africa fellows have helped improve education and public health, source fresh water and alternative energy, increase family incomes, and much more.
Application Deadline: The 2023-24 Princeton in Africa fellowship application deadline is Wednesday, October 26th, 2022, at 11:59 PM Eastern.
- University or Organization: Princeton in Africa organization
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Research fellowship program
- Award: Educational benefits
- Number of Awards: 5
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Domestic
- The award can be taken in Africa .
- Eligible Countries: Students from African countries are eligible to apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: The students can apply for admission to an African continent institute.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must be young professionals or graduating seniors at the time of application.
- The applicants must be graduates of a U.S. accredited University.
- The applicants must have full professional English proficiency. Additionally, French is preferred in some posts.
- The applicants must be not more than 35 years of age.
- The applicants must have a passport valid through the fellowship date.
- The applicants must have citizenship in an African Country and have current residency in an African country.
- The applicants must have an Undergraduate degree, a Master‡s degree (or equivalent), or a PhD from an African University.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Applicants can apply for admission via the respective application portals of their chosen institute. Fellowship applications can be completed online.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Resume or CV
- Official transcript
- Proof of university enrolment
- One letter of recommendation
- Demonstrated commitment to service
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must meet the program’s entry requirements they wish to join.
- Language Requirement: The students must have the required English language proficiency.
The winning candidates will be provided the following benefits:
- $75 nonrefundable application fee
- $350 program placement fee
- Transportation to and from the university
- Roundtrip airfare
- Pre-departure medical expenses
- Visa and work permit cost, where applicable
- Sundries and recreational travel