The Barcelona Institute of Science and Technology is offering PROBIST Postdoctoral Fellowship Program. The program will fund 61 fellowships of 3 years duration, distributed in 4 calls until the end of 2019.
The main objective of PROBIST is to provide high-quality supervision offering targeted mentoring and access to a wide variety of scientific activities, services, and networks.
Fab choice for aspirants from all around the world.
User Review( votes)
The Barcelona Institute of Science and Technology (BIST) is a scientific initiative of seven of Catalonia’s research centres of excellence whose objective is to increase their levels of collaboration in order to build together a joint scientific project.
All international applicants for whom English is not the native tongue must provide proof of competence in the English language.
- Application Deadline: May 26, 2019
- Course Level: Fellowships are available for pursuing the postdoctoral program.
- Study Subject: Fellowships will be awarded and implemented in top research in the Barcelona and Tarragona area (Spain).
- Award: The fellowships are granted for 3 years including:•
- An annual gross salary of 36.000€ plus a single payment of 1.500€ relocation support (Spanish tax and social security deductions apply),
• Close mentoring and supervision through prestigious senior researchers,
• A personalized career development plan,
• A training programme for scientific and transferable skills.PROBIST fellows will receive training in leadership and entrepreneurial skills and technology transfer issues, such as industrial and intellectual property, industrial collaborations, spin-off development, and other related subjects. BIST offers “Science to Business” courses with the goal to raise awareness of business opportunities and also to accelerate the transfer of technologies developed at the BIST centres to the market.PROBIST counts with an important number of active collaboration R&D with local and international companies and research institutions. Several BIST centres are also closely associated with major research hospitals in the Barcelona area. BIST has also established extensive collaboration agreements with major technology centres in Catalonia. PROBIST fellows will be encouraged to undertake visits and short-term stays and secondments with these partners whenever relevant to their field of research.Each BIST centre offers an internationally renowned, attractive research environment, complemented by a range of training activities that will help highly qualified young scientists to develop the skills necessary for a successful career. The high interdisciplinary nature of BIST makes it an excellent setting for fellows to access an extensive offer of scientific seminars, courses and workshops.
- Number of Awards: 61 fellowships are available.
- Nationality: All nationalities
- The award can be taken in Spain
- Eligible Countries: Citizens of all nationalities are eligible to apply.
- Entrance Requirements: To be admitted to the review process, candidates must comply with the following eligibility criteria:
- Mobility: To have not spent more than 12 months of the prior 36 months in Spain, at the time of the call deadline
- PhD date certificate: PhD certificate should be obtained before your incorporation at the research centre, at maximum May 1st, 2019. If you have not obtained your PhD at the time to submit your application, please indicate the likely date and provide documental evidence that you will obtain it.
- English Language Requirements: All international applicants for whom English is not the native tongue must provide proof of competence in the English language.
How to Apply: The on-line submission platform for the first call will be open from October 2nd, 2018. The deadline for the submission of applications is November 26, 2018 at noon (CET).
Please check the specific call parameters for detailed timelines and research topics.
Before start applying, please carefully read the below instructions.
Applications checklist for the initial submission:
By the deadline, the following documentation and information needs to be presented to be eligible:
1. Application form on personal data (online form to be filled in)
2. Application form on background (online form to be filled in)
3. Letter of motivation (document upload)
4. Curriculum Vitae (document upload)