The University of Oldenburg is offering an opportunity for the “PROMOS Scholarship for Internships Abroad” for German students through the DAAD-funded PROMOS program.
The duration of the internship is six weeks to 6 months. Students of all disciplines can apply for a scholarship for an internship abroad outside the EU countries. Offered by the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD), the program promotes students to go on short stays abroad with a scholarship.
Nice offer for German students.
User Review( votes)
Established in 1973, the University of Oldenburg offers a wide range of subjects and a broad range of study opportunities. Studying at Oldenburg, students will gain a more in-depth and intensive knowledge of their fields of study.
Why apply to this program? By joining this program opportunity, applicants will receive funding for internships in countries outside of Europe. As part of the DAAD program PROMOS 1, the International Student Office (ISO) at the Carl von Ossietzky University of Oldenburg has grants to increase the mobility of German students in the following funding channels: (1) Study visits (1 to 6 months), (2) Internships (6 weeks to 6 months), (3) Language courses (3 weeks to 6 months), and (4) Specialized courses (5 days to 6 weeks).
Application Deadline: April 15, 2023. Application calls are open twice yearly (September/October and March/April).
- University or Organization: University of Oldenburg
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Internship
- Award: A scholarship fund
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: NA
- Nationality: German
- The award can be taken outside the EU countries.
- Eligible Countries: Germany
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The scholarship will be awarded internship abroad.
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- German students
- Students who are equivalent to German citizens as set out in Section 8 (1)(2ff) and Section 8 (2), (2a), and (3), BAföG
- Non-German students and graduates if they are enrolled at a German university with the goal of graduating at that university (stays in the student’s home country are not permitted.)
- Applicants must intend to pursue an internship in any country, excluding Iceland, Croatia, Lichtenstein, Norway, Switzerland, Turkey, and the EU member states.
- The scholarships are awarded to students who do not have any further funding from public funds.
How to Apply
Application form PROMOS Internships
- How to Apply: Applicants must download the application form and submit the application in the form of a single pdf file to [email protected] (attn. Ms. Ann-Kristin Schuling).
- Supporting Documents: Applicants must submit the following documents with the application form to the International Office (Ms. Tina Grummel):
- Application Form
- Letter of motivation: (max. two pages; German or English)
- Current Transcript of Records
- Confirmation of host organization
- Confirmation of school
- Enrolment certificate
- Confirmation of voluntary work/ extracurricular activities
- Admission Requirements: If applicants plan an internship in the UK in 2023, email Ann-Kristin Schuling ([email protected]) no later than April 15, 2023.
- Language Requirement: Applicants must have proof of proficiency in the language of the target country in which they want to do an internship. For example, through a language certificate such as TOEFL and a certificate from the Language Center or Abitur certificate.
The University of Oldenburg will award a scholarship fund (an allowance for stays abroad) to support the internship abroad for German students. The number and amount of scholarships and the funding period will be determined according to the DAAD-established guidelines for the PROMOS program.