Applicants are invited to apply for Providence Foundation Bursaries to pursue an undergraduate degree. These bursaries are exclusively open for the nationals of Hong Kong.
The aim of the bursaries is to help needy and excellent students. The Hong Kong Baptist University (HKBU) is a publicly funded tertiary institution with a Christian education heritage.
User Review( votes)
- Course Level: These bursaries are available to pursue an undergraduate degree.
- Study Subject: These bursaries are awarded in the fields offered by the university.
- Award: The bursary amount ranges from HK$5,000 to HK$15,000 per recipient.
- Numbers of Scholarships: More than 20 bursaries are available.
- The award can be taken in Hong Kong
Applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Applicants must be full-time local students in any year of their first undergraduate programmes (UGC-funded programmes only) and have a genuine financial need. Applicants with the latest c GPA 2.80 or above (for continuing students and Non-JUPAS freshmen) or HKDSE score 22 or above (4 cores + 1 elective) (for JUPAS freshmen) will have higher priority. The Foundation will do an assessment based on the following point rating system:
- Academic performance criteria (20%)
- Applicant and family financial criteria (70%)
- Applicant’s financial need
- Total family income
- Family adversities
- Excessive or prolonged medical expenses
- Family housing, whether public or private
- Number of siblings studying including applicant
- Family debt burden and reason caused
- Special difficulties (10%)
Nationality: Applicants of Hong Kong are eligible for these bursaries.
How to Apply
How to Apply: Applicants can apply by post.
- Applicants are required to fill in the application form (please use separate sheets of paper if necessary). Please type with the computer and be careful with the format and layout of the form. If it is necessary for you to fill in the form with a pen, please write neatly.
- Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have c GPA of 2.80 or above.
Application Deadline: Closed