The Petroleum Technology Development Fund (PTDF) is a parastatal of the Ministry of Petroleum Resources established by Decree 25 of 1973 for the purposes of development, promotion and implementation of petroleum technology and manpower needs through research and training of Nigerians.
Our mission, therefore, is to train Nigerians to qualify as graduates, professionals, technicians and craftsmen in the field of engineering, geology, science and management in the oil and gas industry in Nigeria or abroad.
User Review( votes)
- Course Level: The studentships are available for pursuing MSc and PhD programme.
- Scholarship Provider: Petroleum Technology Development Fund (PTDF)
- The award can be taken at Nigeria or abroad
- A minimum of Second Class Upper (2.1) in an Oil and Gas related field OR a 2.2 with oil and gas industry experience
- National Youth Service (NYSC) certificate
Applicants must be computer literate
Possession of O/level with Credit in English Language; At least C6 in WAEC/SSCE or C4 and above in NECO.
- Applicants must not be above 30 years of age
- Applicants for OSS must be in possession of the following:
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)(USA)
- G.R.E (Graduate Record Examination) (USA)
- GMAT –for Management related courses (USA)
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS) (UK)
B. PhD (OSS & LLS)
- Applicants must be in the academics in Nigerian Institutions, teaching an oil and gas-related discipline;
- Applicants must possess a minimum of 2.2 in their first degree and a good second-degree certificate;
- Applicants must submit a research proposal relevant to the oil and gas industry (of not more than 5 pages) to include: Topic, introduction, objective, methodology and mode of data collection;
- Applicants must include a valid admission letter;
- Applicants must not be over 40 years of age; and;
- Applicants must include their master’s degree project
How to Apply: The mode of applying is online.