The Public Land Foundation is delighted to offer George Lea Founders Scholarship to deserving students who need financial assistance to complete their schooling.
It’s a great chance to fund college study.
User Review( votes)
The Public Land Foundation was established in 1972 named after PLF’s founder, George Lea. It is a non-profit organization, which provides students with the exposure and tools to become future teachers and role models.
Why should you apply to this program? The program gives an excellent chance to the students, who wish to pursue a career for each qualification you plan to study. It helps students to improve their skills, knowledge, and experience.
Application Deadline: March 15, 2020
- University or Organization: The Public Land Foundation
- Department: NA
- Course Level: All juniors, seniors and masters-level graduate study
- Award: $5,000
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Not known
- Nationality: Domestic
- The prize can be taken in the United States
- Eligible Countries: United States students are participating in this program.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The award is available for all juniors, seniors and masters-level graduate study programs.
- Admissible Criteria: Students must meet the following criteria:
- All juniors, seniors and masters-level graduate students majoring in a natural resource or public land policy curriculum during the 2019/2020 school year.
- Full-time students planning on carrying at least 12 units per semester,
- Students will also be rated based on financial need, related volunteer, professional society participation, employment, etc.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To participate, the applicants need to submit an online application form. After submitting the application form, they will be automatically considered for the award.
- Supporting Documents: Applicants must submit a statement describing the need for financial assistance to complete their term in school, letter of recommendation, resume, and all the necessary mark-sheets.
- Admission Requirements: Students who demonstrate academic excellence with a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0,
- Language Requirement: Entrants need to demonstrate that they have the right level of written and spoken English.
The George Lea Founders support will cover the following:
- $5,000 to be used toward the student’s tuition expenses,
- An invitation to attend the next PLF annual meeting, with all transportation and living expenses paid, and
- The opportunity to “shadow” a local BLM manager for a day.