The Queen Mary Anniversary award is now available for the academic year 2018-2019. The sponsorship will be awarded based on academic merit and can be renewed each year, throughout student’s undergraduate degree.
QMUL is one of the UK’s leading research-focused higher education institutions. With around 17,840 students, 4,000 staff and an annual turnover of £300m, it is one of the biggest University of London colleges.
User Review( votes)
Students whose first language is not English must demonstrate proficiency in English by submitting satisfactory scores from the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL).
- Application Deadline: May 13, 2018
- Course Level: award is available to pursue undergraduate programme.
- Study Subject: Open to all subjects and programmes within the University with the exception of any quota controlled programme, i.e. BDS, MBBS.
- Award: £5,000 per year for each year of study (subject to meeting progression standards).
- Nationality: International students
- Number of Awards: Up to three opportunities are available.
- The award can be taken in the UK
Eligible Countries: Students of all nationalities are eligible to apply for this application .
Entrance Requirements: To be eligible for this application you must meet the following requirements:
- Students must achieve AAA in key A-levels, or international equivalent – UG 2018 Overseas Equivalences [XLS 14KB]. Please note students that achieve the equivalent to AAA i.e. A*AB are also eligible for the award. This award will be confirmed after A-level results day due to this criterion.
- Students must be planning on paying their own tuition fees. Those who already have to fund from another Queen Mary scholarship are not eligible.
- Students must be applying for entry in September 2018.
- The qualifying grades must be in the subjects expressed in the offer of admission.
- Students must be new entrants into Higher Education, i.e. have not previously studied part or all of an undergraduate degree level course.
- Our policy on payment of the Scholarship during years in industry and study abroad is under consideration.
- Please note the award amount will not increase during your studies but may decrease in proportion with any decreases in regulated fees in future years.
- Payment in second and third years is contingent on an overall academic achievement mark of above 80% in each year of study at Queen Mary (i.e. you must achieve an overall mark of above 80% in every progression year to maintain the Scholarship).
- This scholarship scheme operates independently of the Queen Mary Bursary Scheme. You could receive a bursary in addition to the program.
- This support will be awarded as a stipend to Home and EU students and a fee discount to overseas fee-paying students.
English Language Requirements: Students whose first language is not English must demonstrate proficiency in English by submitting satisfactory scores from the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL).
How to Apply:
- Applicants must apply for the degree programme by the UCAS deadline of 15th January 2018.
- Applications for the Queen Mary Anniversary support will open on 21st March 2018 and will close on 13th May 2018.
- Students who wish to be considered for the opportunity need to ensure that they have firmly accepted their offer at the point of application for the opportunity .