The government of India offers Ramanujan fellowship to brilliant scientists and engineers from all over the world who are below the age of 60 years. Programs are available to take up scientific research positions at any of the scientific institutions and universities in India.
Fellows would be eligible for receiving regular research grants through the extramural funding schemes of various S&T agencies of the Government of India.
User Review( votes)
located in, New Delhi The Government of India is responsible for running the union government. It has 29 states and also known as ‘BHARAT SARKAR’.
Application Deadline: Closed
Applicants must meet the eligibility criteria-
- International students are eligible to apply for the fund.
- The fund is open to brilliant scientists and engineers from all over the world who are below the age of 60 years.
- The applicant should possess a higher degree or equivalent, such as Ph.D. in Science/Engineering, Masters in Engineering or Technology/MD in Medicine, etc. and have adequate professional experience.
- These awards are very selective and only those who have a proven as evident from their research publications and recognition would be eligible.
- The candidate has to opt for either this program or his present position/fellowship if any.
How to Apply
The scientists can choose to work at any S&T institution including University Departments or other academic Institutions and National Laboratories in India, provided the Institution at which they wish to pursue research is willing to provide the necessary R&D, administrative and basic infrastructural support to facilitate research. The Institutions will subsequently submit their recommended nominations to the Science & Engineering Research Board (SERB). Institutions may consider setting up appropriate mechanisms to scrutinize and recommend the nominations.
The value of the award will be Rs.75,000/- per month. Each Fellow will, in addition, receive a research grant of Rs.5.00 lakh per annum for conferences and other expenses