Applications are invited for Renova research scholarship for Ph.D. students and young researchers working in the environmental field in Sweden. The Renova Environmental fellowship intends to stimulate research aimed at improving recycling and waste management through preventing waste, more effective recycling or a reduction in the environmental load arising from such systems.
The Renova Group is owned by ten municipalities in western Sweden. Its mission is to work with its owner municipalities in taking responsibility for waste and recycling over the long term. The aim to deliver community benefit through business activities and to actively contribute to sustainable development within its owners’ region.
Amazing opportunity for worldwide researchers
User Review( votes)
Application Deadline: Closed
For gaining the opportunity, you have to meet the following eligibility criteria:
- International citizens are eligible to apply for this free tuition
- The free schooling is awarded directly to the recipient and is non-taxable. It is created to stimulate PhD researchers and young researchers working in all scientific disciplines at the Chalmers University of Technology and the University of Gothenburg. The fully-funded tuition should in the first instance be used to develop the person’s own research.
- The Renova Environmental free education intends to stimulate research aimed at improving recycling and waste management through preventing waste, more effective recycling or a reduction in the environmental load arising from such systems.
How to apply
- Applicants for the funded education as outlined above are required to submit a written application in Swedish or English, consisting of no more than five pages plus possible enclosure, see below. The application must contain the following:
- The candidate’s name, age and contact details (address and home/work telephone numbers).
- Present employment at or link the Chalmers University of Technology or the University of Gothenburg and the name of the department to which they belong.
- A brief account of the recipient’s scientific and/or engineering results.
- Background, methodology, and areas covered by the research.
- Achieved results
- The most important results
- If several persons are included in the reported work, the applicant’s own contribution should be clearly stated.
- Linkage and importance to the area covered by the education award
- Details on how the research is linked to the area covered by the grant.
- Details on how the research can contribute to the creation of know-how and improvements in the area covered by the award.
- An account of how the free studies can contribute to the further development of results and ideas, and how this is linked to and of importance to the area covered by the education award.
- References to supervisors or other persons who can provide information about the work to which the application refers.
- Awardees whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
Renova donates education assistance worth around USD 5995.78 to Ph.D. students and young researchers at the Chalmers University of Technology and the University of Gothenburg who are working in environmental research and relevant to Renova’s business operations.