The Politecnico of Torino is now accepting applications for up to 28 Research Scholarships for postgraduate international students to study in Italy. The research activity should be carried out in the presence on a continuous basis at the Politecnico of Torino according to the chosen research project for a period of 8 months, within the following dates 1st March 2018 – 31st October 2018.
The sponsorship will be a chance to deepen the research activity carried out at the Politecnico of Torino with the goal of increasing the attractiveness of international candidates.
User Review( votes)
The Polytechnic University of Turin (Italian: Politecnico di Torino) is an engineering partially public university based in Turin, Italy. Established in 1859, Politecnico di Torino is Italy’s oldest technical university. The university offers several courses in the fields of Engineering, Architecture and Industrial Design.
Course Level: The studentships are available to students who are willing to undertake a research activity at the doctoral level at the Politecnico of Torino.
Study Subject: The studentships are awarded in the following research areas:
Architecture, Chemistry and Material Science, Computer Engineering, Design, Electronics, Control and Telecommunication Engineering, Energy, Environment, Land, Infrastructure, Mathematics, Mechanics and Aerospace, Physics, Structural, Geotechnical and Building Engineering and Urban Studies and Planning.
Amount of Scholarship: The amount of The grant is 1,000.00 € per month, not subject to taxation. The sponsorship will be paid in deferred monthly installments. The scholarship starts upon signature of the program activation and it will be paid monthly, upon successful completion the research activity. The scholarship holder is exempted from paying any tuition fee. The candidate shall provide the requested documents within the deadlines mentioned in the communications received by SCUDO, under penalty of losing the awarded scholarship. The research activity shall be carried out continuously and regularly at Politecnico di Torino. The scholarship holder shall carry out his/her research activity on the assigned research project, strictly collaborating with the scientific response. The scholarship may be revoked if the scientifically responsible requests the withdrawal for justified reasons by written notice. The award interruption implies the suspension of the Research VISA. The grants do not, in any way, represent an employment relationship nor give any right in accessing the roles of university staff and the PhD Programmes for which candidates will be selected according to the Call for admission of the XXXIV PhD cycle. The scholarship cannot be combined with a salary-related full-time subordinate job or research grants or other programmes.
Number of Awards: Up to 28 opportunities are available.
The award can be taken in Italy
Eligibility: Applications may be submitted by those who meet the following criteria on the expiry date of this call for applications:
- Academic qualifications: MSc Degree awarded in foreign countries: Candidates with the title of Master’s Degree (i.e. 2° level title, as defined by the Bologna Process), issued by a foreign, academic and accredited University, granting admission to PhD Programmes in the country of issuance. Any application submitted by candidates with a Master’s degree issued by an Italian University or a Vocational Institution or a non-recognized University will not be accepted.
- Age limit: candidates shall be less than 30 years of age on 16th November 2017.
- Motivation letter:candidates should upload a motivation letter showing in particular their interest in carrying out the specific research activity they are applying to on a continuous basis from 1st March 2018 to 31st October 2018 and in continuing their studies at the Politecnico of Torino by applying to the Call for admission to the PhD programmes (starting on 1st November 2018).
- Endorsement letter of the scientific responsible of the Project: candidates should upload a commitment letter from the scientific responsible of the chosen project, stating his/her availability to collaborate with the candidate. It’s candidate’s responsibility to contact him/her by email to request it (the email address is indicated on the project descriptive sheet).
Nationality: International students are eligible to apply for this application programme.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Candidates with the title of Master’s Degree (i.e. 2° level title, as defined by the Bologna Process), issued by a foreign, academic and accredited University, granting admission to PhD Programmes in the country of issuance.
English Language Requirements: Students must meet the universities English language requirement.
How to Apply: The mode of application is online. The deadline for application submission is mandatory; late applications will be rejected. It is sole responsibility of the applicant to verify that the procedure was concluded correctly; no claims for any malfunctions of the online system will be accepted.
During the submission procedure, candidates should upload:
- Passport copy
- Master’s Degree title with final score
- Transcript of records of the Master Degree’s with scores
- Master’s Degree thesis abstract
- Motivation letter
- Endorsement letter of the project scientific responsible
- A certificate of English language knowledge (IELTS 5.0 or one of the language certificates recognized equivalent to IELTS 5.0 by the Foreign Languages Centre and detailed in the table published at the web page: https://didattica.polito.it/cla/en/certificates/ or a declaration of having a Ba. and/or M.Sc. degree issued by a University in which courses are taught in English, i.e. “The medium of instruction was English” (if any) Publications (if any)
- Any other document proving the possession of the technical and scientific skills necessary for the chosen research project (if any).
- All the above-mentioned documents must be issued in one of the following languages: Italian, English, French, Portuguese or Spanish.
- The Master’s Degree and the Transcript of records of the Master Degree’s with scores shall be issued by the relevant University in one of the following languages: Italian, English, French, Portuguese or Spanish. It must be stamped and signed.
Application Deadline: Closed