Applications are invited for the 2020 Rhodes University Postdoctoral Fellowship across all faculties which may be awarded for one year with the possibility of renewal.
The Rhodes University is a public research university located in Grahamstown in the Eastern Cape Province of South Africa. It is one of four universities in the province.
User Review( votes)
Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
- Applications Deadline: July 31, 2020
- Course Level: Fellowships are available to pursue postdoctoral degree programme.
- Study Subject: Fellowships are awarded across all faculties.
- Scholarship Award: The value of the Fellowship is R180 000 per annum with an additional allocation of R20 000 to support the presentation of papers at formal conferences. The Fellowship cannot be held concurrently with any other supplementary funding.
- Nationality: Fellowship is available to students of all nationalities.
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not given
- Scholarship can be taken in South Africa
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: Fellowship is available to students of all nationalities.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
Although there is no age restriction, potential Fellows must hold a doctoral degree, awarded within the last five years, preferably from an institution other than Rhodes University and recognized as appropriate to the discipline for which the Fellowship is sought. The Fellowship will be awarded strictly on merit.
An applicant who has not completed their PhD at the time the Fellowship is offered must have submitted the PhD thesis by the end of 2019. In these circumstances, the Research Office will require written assurance from the applicant’s supervisor that there is a reasonable expectation that the doctoral degree will be awarded.
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
How to Apply: Applications for the Fellowships should be made through the potential host department and then directed to the Research Office (research-admin-at-ru.ac.za). The determination of awards will be made by a committee comprising the Deputy Vice-Chancellor: Research and Development (Chair), the Director: Research Office and Faculty Deans.