OeAD is pleased to offer Richard Plaschka Postdoctoral Fellowships for international students. Recipients of Plaschka grants can work as visiting researchers at university departments and carry out specialist studies in libraries, archives or at research institutions.
The grant recipients should place emphasis on cross-border collaboration in their scientific activities.
Beneficial option for international students to get fund for postgraduate study in Austria.
User Review( votes)
The OeAD GmbH is the central service centre for European and international mobility and cooperation programmes in the fields of education, science and research.
- Application Deadline: March 1, 2020
- Course Level: Fellowships are available for pursuing the postdoctoral programme.
- Study Subject: Fellowships are awarded in the field of Humanities, History and Archaeology.
1) Supplementary grant, own funds are required
a) Monthly grant rate: 1.150 EUR
b) Monthly mobility allowance: 600 EUR (for research stays of 3 months or longer)
2) Accommodation, insurance
a) It is possible for OeAD scholarship holders to book accommodation (dormitory or apartment) with the OeAD Housing office. The monthly costs are: monthly rent: 220 to 480 EUR (depending on the amenities) or monthly administrative fee: 18 EUR
b) OeAD scholarship holders need to have health insurance that is accepted by the Austrian authorities for the duration of their stay in Austria. The OeAD can help with taking out such insurance. The monthly costs can vary, at the moment you should calculate 55 to 200 EUR (depending on your age, scholarship category and state of health).
Scholarship holders have to pay the costs for accommodation and insurance themselves.
3) Scholarship holders are exempted from paying tuition fees.
4) Scholarship holders from non-European developing countries will also receive a travel costs subsidy of max. 1.000 EUR. This subsidy can cover (parts of) travel expenses to Austria as well as to Austrian representative authorities outside the home country.
- Number of Awards: Not given
- Nationality: International Students
- The award can be taken in Austria
- Eligible Countries: Citizens of all nationalities (except Austria) are eligible to apply.
- Entrance Requirements: Eligible for application are highly qualified post-docs in the field of history who are primarily occupied with Austria-related topics. Recipients of Richard Plaschka grants can work as visiting researchers at university departments and institutes and carry out specialist studies in libraries, archives or at research institutions.
- English Language Requirements: Students need to demonstrate that they have a good level of written and spoken English.
How to Apply: The following documents have to be uploaded with the online application.
- Consent of a habilitated lecturer at the Austrian target institution to supervise the applicant academically
- Scan of your passport (page with name and photo)
- Scan of the university graduation certificate of your diploma, master, PhD or doctoral studies
- Scientific synopsis and bibliography related to the research project
- Record of all previously held university courses
- Proof of employment at a university