New York Institute of Finance is offering free online course on Introduction to Risk Management. This economics and finance course is an introductory survey of risk management concepts and techniques.
In this four week course, applicants will learn how to differentiate between financial and business risks. The course will start on April 18, 2017.
User Review( vote)
Course At A Glance
Length: 4 weeks
Effort: 2 hours pw
Subject: Economics & Finance
Institution: New York Institute of Finance and edx
Certificate Available: Yes, Add a Verified Certificate for $99
Session: Course Starts on April 18, 2017
Founded on the institutional knowledge that built the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE), the New York Institute of Finance (NYIF) is a global leader in training for the Investment Banking industry and related financial services. Its 600 strong qualifications and courses cover every aspect of the investment banking world are studied by students in over 150 countries and in class in New York, Beijing and London.
About This Course
This economics and finance course is an introductory survey of risk management concepts and techniques. Learners will review the role of risk regulation in financial markets, and learn how to identify and describe the various types of financial risk and their sources.
Upon completion of this course, participants will receive a certificate bearing the New York Institute of Finance (NYIF) name. A NYIF certificate is a valuable addition to your credentials, proving that you have acquired the work-ready skills that employer‡s value.
For those who wish to go further, students can enroll in the other four modules to earn the complete Risk Management Professional Certificate, backed by the New York Institute of Finance‡s 93-year history. As a final option, students may also opt to sit for the NYIF Certificate of Mastery Exam, resulting in the Risk Management Certificate of Mastery upon successful completion.
Why Take This Course?
- Differentiate between financial risks and business risks.
- Identify and describe the various types of financial risk and their sources.
- Identity the real-world violations of the ‘standard model‡ assumptions that make risk management value enhancing to the firm.
- Differentiate between risk measurement and risk management.
- Describe systemic risk as a negative externality.
- Describe the US regulatory structure
New York Institute of Finance
- Basic MS Excel skills
- Basic probability and statistics
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Create an edX account to SignUp
- Choose “Register Now” to get started.
- EdX offers honor code certificates of achievement, verified certificates of achievement, and XSeries certificates of achievement. Currently, verified certificates are only available in some courses.
- Once applicant sign up for a course and activate their account, click on the Log In button on the edx.org homepage and type in their email address and edX password. This will take them to the dashboard, with access to each of their active courses. (Before a course begins, it will be listed on their dashboard but will not yet have a “view course” option.)