Nuffield College, Oxford and the Rothermere American Institute are offering Postdoctoral Research fellowship for the outstanding applicants in the UK. The Fellowship is intended for a scholar from any country.
The Rothermere American Institute is an institution of the University of Oxford dedicated to the interdisciplinary and comparative study of the USA. The Institute was opened in May 2001 by US President Bill Clinton and hosts regular conferences, lectures and seminars, particularly in the fields of American history, politics, foreign relations, and literature.
Great offer for candidates
User Review( votes)
- Study Subject(s): The research area of the post is twentieth-century and/or contemporary US foreign policy from a historical (since 1898), political science, or international relations perspective (the three approaches not being mutually exclusive).
- Course Level: Fellowships are available for pursuing postdoctoral research programme.
- Scholarship Provider: Nuffield College, Oxford and the Rothermere American Institute
- Scholarship can be taken at the UK
- To be eligible, candidates should hold a bachelors and/or masters degree in a relevant field and should by 1 September 2016 have completed, or be close to completing, a doctorate that focuses on some aspect of US foreign policy, whether from a historical (since 1898), political science, or international relations perspective.
- Candidates must be within three years of the award of their doctorate at the time of application. Candidates must not have spent more than a total of eight years in postgraduate study in the social sciences and/or in employment in a teaching or research post in the social sciences by the date of taking up the fellowship.
Scholarship Open for International Students: Scholars from any country are eligible to apply for this fellowship.
Number of award(s): Not Known
Duration of award(s): The appointment will be for three years, with effect from 1 September 2016 or as soon as possible thereafter.
How to Apply
How to Apply: The application package should be sent via e-mail as .pdf attachments to perf-at-Nuffield.ox.ac.uk. The application package should consist of:
- a completed application form
- a curriculum vitae;
- a covering letter, explaining how the applicant meets the selection criteria;
- a one-page description of the candidate’s current research;
- a one-page description of the research the candidate would plan to undertake during the course of the postdoctoral fellowship;
- two samples of written work (for example, research papers or thesis chapters), together with a one-page abstract for each piece.
The salary offered is £29,815 per annum. Research Fellows are entitled to single accommodation in College (at a subsidised rate). Further benefits include a research allowance, free lunch and dinner in College and child support funds.
Scholarship Application Deadline: Closed