RMIT University is offering scholarship for local and international students. The scholarship is available for pursuing Ph.D. and Masters by Research programme in the area of biomedical engineering, image or signal processing at the RMIT University.
RMIT exists to create transformative experiences for their students, getting them ready for life and work, and to help shape the world with research, innovation, teaching and engagement.
User Review( votes)
RMIT University (officially Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology) is an Australian public university of technology and design based in Melbourne, Victoria.
In order to be considered applicants should have good oral and written communication skills in the English language.
Course Level: Scholarship is available for pursuing Ph.D. and Masters by Research programme at the RMIT University.
Study Subject: Scholarship is awarded in the area of biomedical engineering, image or signal processing.
Scholarship Award: The Ph.D. scholarship top-up is valued at $10,000 per annum for three years, with a possible six-month extension.
Masters by Research Scholarship: The Masters by Research scholarship top-up is valued at $10,000 per annum for two years.
Scholarship can be taken in the Australia
Eligibility: Applicants must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- To have obtained a letter of offer for a Masters by Research or Ph.D. degree at RMIT University in the School of Electrical and Computer Engineering by the closing date of 31 December 2016. OR
- Already hold an offer letter from RMIT to do a Masters by Research or a Ph.D. in the School of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Possess good fundamental knowledge in signal processing, experimental design or intelligent systems.
- possess excellent mathematical skills (probability theory and statistics, algebra, complex analysis)
- Possess good programming skills in Matlab, C
- Should have good teamwork skills
- Should have good oral and written communication skills in the English language.
International applicants must also meet the English language requirements for studying a research program at RMIT University.
It is desirable for applicants to possess:
- A master degree in electronics/biomedical/software engineering with a high GPA
- Evidence of research excellence (publications/patents)
- Background knowledge in signal processing and classification algorithm development, and simulation
- Experience in human experiments design.
Nationality: The scholarship is available to local or international students.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: In order to be considered applicants must already hold an offer letter from RMIT to do a Masters by Research or a Ph.D. in the School of Electrical and Computer Engineering
English language Requirements: Applicants should have good oral and written communication skills in the English language.
- The Australian and international qualifications listed in this section can be used to determine English language proficiency for admission to RMIT University.
- Evidence of attainment of the minimum scores as indicated in this section must be provided at the time of application.
- The information in this section applies only to those programs with an IELTS entry requirement of up to 6.5 (with no band less than 6.0).
- A valid English proficiency test must be submitted for programs with an IELTS entry requirement of 7.0 and above.
How to Apply: To apply applicants must:
- Write a cover letter
- Include a document clearly addressing the eligibility criteria
- Attach a detailed resume
- Attach certified academic transcripts and any academic certificates
- Attach any other documents relevant to your applications (e.g. publications, English language certificates etc.).
Send all of the above by email to Laurie Clinton at elecengresearch-at-rmit.edu.au before the closing date of 31 December 2016.
Application Deadline: Application close Saturday 31 December 2016.