The Asia Art Archive is delighted to offer its Robert H. N. Ho Family Foundation Greater China Research Grant. The grant is available to pursue historical research projects on topics relating to contemporary art.
The aim of the grant is to support independent scholars and writers with solid research and publication track records.
User Review( votes)
Asia Art Archive (AAA) is a nonprofit organisation Based in Hong Kong which focuses on documenting the recent history of contemporary art in Asia within an international context. AAA incorporates material that members of local art communities find relevant to the field and provides educational and public programming.
Course Level: Grant is available to pursue research programme.
Study Subject: Grant is awarded in the field of contemporary art.
Award: Grant will cover the following:
- AAA will award US$15,000 (approx. HK$120,000) to the top grantee. Budgets should allow for a two-month residency in Hong Kong; research trips to Mainland China, Taiwan, and/or Macau during the residency; and acquisition of new materials.
- Up to two runners-up will be awarded US$5,000 (approx. HK$40,000) each for their research projects.
- Applicants are required to provide line item budgets with their proposals.
The award can be taken in Mainland China, Taiwan, Macau, and Hong Kong.
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the opportunity :
- Postgraduates (including pre-doctoral fellows) with a research focus on contemporary art or Greater China studies, and independent scholars and writers with solid research and publication track records.
Nationality: Applicants from Mainland China, Taiwan, Macau, and Hong Kong are eligible to apply for the grant.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must be Postgraduates or pre-doctoral fellows.
English Language Requirements: Applicants must be fluent in English.
How to Apply: Applicants can apply via email:
- Please send enquiries and proposals to Asia Art Archive via rhffprog-at-aaa.org.hk with the following:
- CV (academic history, relevant past projects, and at least two references).
- Research project description (objectives, approach, and background).
- Tentative timeline.
- Budget proposal.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is November 26, 2017.