Applications are invited to apply for the Rotary Yoneyama Scholarship for International students in Japan. International applicants can apply for this funding opportunity.
The Foundation awards to overseas students who aspire to study or conduct research in Japanese universities or graduate schools. Its fund is supported by the contributions of Rotarians throughout Japan.
Fantastic Scholarships for International Students.
User Review( votes)
The Foundation is Japan’s largest private organization, both in terms of program scale and number of programs awarded. The scholarship supports excellent students from other countries who are studying or doing research at the Japanese Institute.
Application Deadline: The last date to submit the entries to participate in the following grant is October 31, 2022.
- University or Organization: Rotary Yoneyama Memorial Foundation
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Undergraduate, Master and PhD degree programs
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: NA
- Nationality: International
- The program can be taken in Japan
- International students (Non-Japanese) are eligible for these Rotary Yoneyama educations.
- Overseas students meeting all of the following requirements are eligible to apply for this study.
- Citizenship & Place of Residence Not be a citizen of Japan or be residing in Japan.
- These are available for pursuing undergraduate, master, and PhD degree programs at Japanese University or Graduate School.
- These are awarded in all disciplines.
- Those who enrol in undergraduates must submit a copy of admission, and those who enrol in graduate schools must submit a letter of recommendation from his/her supervisor/professor in the Japanese graduate school of their choice. If not submitted, their application will be rejected.
- Have an enthusiasm for study and clear-cut future goals, an awareness of and respect for cultural differences, and the ability to express oneself fluently and to communicate smoothly, and both the mental and physical health needed to sustain one’s life as an overseas exchange student.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: The application and documents should be prepared in PDF format.
- Supporting Documents: To apply, students must be ready to submit a copy of the application for admission, Research plan, Letter of recommendation, Copy of the Letter of Acceptance, Composition, a document certifying Japanese language proficiency.
- Language Requirements: There are several conditions requiring Japanese language ability depending on the Rotary District where applicants’ targeted at the university/graduate school is located. In either case, after arriving in Japan, scholars are expected to make an effort to communicate in Japanese so as to better create and strengthen friendship ties with Japanese Rotarians.
For April enrollment: Scholarship payment begins in April 2023
For fall enrollment: Scholarship payment begins in October (or September) 2023
- Undergraduates 100,000 yen per month
- Master’s students 140,000 yen per month
- Doctoral students 140,000 yen per month
- Actual expenses to arrive in Japan up to 250,000 yen are reimbursed at orientation, after arrival in Japan. Successful applicants must submit all relevant receipts.