Applications are invited for Rotary Yoneyama Scholarships available for international students to undertake studies at a Japanese university or graduate school in Japan. International applicants can apply.
The Foundation awards to overseas students who aspire to study or conduct research in Japanese universities or graduate schools. Its fund is supported by the contributions of Rotarians throughout Japan.
Fantastic Scholarships for International Students.
User Review( votes)
The Foundation is Japan’s largest private organization, both in terms of program scale and number of programs awarded. The scholarship supports excellent students from other countries who are studying or doing research at Japanese Institut.
University or Organization: Rotary Yoneyama Memorial Foundation
Course Level: Undergraduate, Master and Ph.D. degree programs
Access Mode: Online
Number of Awards: NA
Nationality: Overseas students
The program can be taken in Japan
Application Deadline:15 December 2019
- International students (Non-Japanese) are eligible for these Rotary Yoneyama educations.
- Overseas students meeting all of the following requirements are eligible to apply for this study.
- Citizenship & Place of Residence Not be a citizen of Japan or be residing in Japan.
- These are available for pursuing undergraduate, master and Ph.D. degree programs at Japanese University or Graduate School.
- These are awarded in all disciplines.
- Those who enroll in undergraduates must submit a copy of admission, and those who enroll in graduate schools must submit a letter of recommendation from his/her supervisor/professor in Japanese graduate schools of their choice. If not submitted, their application will be rejected
- Scholastic and Health Requirements- Have an enthusiasm for study and clear-cut future goals, an awareness of and respect for cultural differences, and ability to express oneself fluently and to communicate smoothly, and both the mental and physical health needed to sustain one’s life as an overseas exchange student.
- Japanese Language Ability: As the page 6-7 shows, there are several conditions requiring Japanese language ability depend on the Rotary District where applicants’ targeted the university/graduate school is located.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: The application and documents should be prepared in PDF format. After filling out the form and save the file with your own name and the documents name like as follows. (example: applicant’s name Margaret King).
- Supporting Documents: To apply, students must be ready to submit a copy of the application for admission, Research plan, Letter of recommendation, Copy of Letter of Acceptance, Composition, a document certifying Japanese language proficiency.
- Language Requirements: There are several conditions requiring Japanese language ability depend on the Rotary District where applicants’ targeted the university/graduate school is located. In either case, after arriving in Japan, scholars are expected to make an effort to communicate in Japanese so as to better create and strengthen friendship ties with Japanese Rotarians.
For April enrollment: payment begins in April 2020
For fall enrollment: payment begins in October (or September) 2020
(1)Undergraduates 100,000 yen per month
(2)Master’s students 140,000 yen per month
(3)Doctoral students 140,000 yen per month
*Research students are not eligible.
- Supplemental for Airfare?
A single one-way-airfare-to-Japan is reimbursed at orientation, after arrival in Japan. Successful applicants must submit documentation showing the one-way-airfare-to-Japan. Only the economy class fee is covered.
*This is not full-covered, so tuition and enroll fee can NOT be paid by us.
*The application guideline is judged based on the one written in Japanese.