Job Description:S P Setia Foundation, a charity trust established by S P Setia Berhad invites financially needy and academically deserving students to apply for its scholarships to pursue full time degree programmes at University Tunku Abdul Rahman in the following fields of study:
Field of Study
User Review( votes)
* Civil Engineering, 3 scholarships will be awarded
* Quantity Surveying, 2 scholarships will be awarded
* Marketing, 1 scholarship will be awarded
* Citizen of Malaysia.
* Has obtained at least 4As (main subjects) and pass all other subjects in SPM
* Has obtained 2As and a pass in General Paper in STPM or
CGPA of at least 3.3 for Matriculation / diploma study or
3As or equivalent for A Level / Foundation studies or
8As for UEC student.
* Household gross incomes is RM3,000 and below.
* Has obtained admission to University Tunku Abdul Rahman.
* Is not / has not being bonded or receiving any form of financial assistance from any other organization
* Willing to serve in the S P Setia Bhd Group upon completion of studies
* Possess strong leadership qualities, high scholastic achievements and notable participation in extra curricular (such as community service) and sporting activities.
* Fluent in English and Bahasa Malaysia (both written and oral). Additional languages will be an advantage.
* Student whose brother or sister received S P Setia Foundation scholarship will not be considered. One family only eligible for one scholarship.
For student that is currently pursuing the diploma course
* Same as per the above and
* Has obtained CGPA of at least 3.0
Value of Scholarship
* Scholarship covers full tuition fees and living expenses for the duration of the course (Between RM13,000 to RM14,000.00 a year).
* Scholarship Candidates, upon successful completion of their respective courses and graduation from the respective universities with the assistance of these scholarships shall be required to serve as an employee of S P Setia Berhad or any of its subsidiaries for a minimum of 3 years (subject to vacancy).
* Candidate may collect the application form from Division of Examinations, Awards and Scholarships (DEAS)of UTAR
* Or download from our website: http://www.setiafoundation.com.my/forms/scholarship2010.pdf
Completed forms with relevant documents must be submitted to Division of Examinations, Awards and Scholarships (DEAS) not later than 30th June 2010. Only short-listed candidates will be called for interview.