Applications are open for the SAAB Scholarship funded by the South African Association of Botanists in South Africa. This is open to the applicants who are graduated with a minimum overall average of 70% and study at a tertiary institution in South Africa.
The South African Association of Botanists awards “SAAB Scholarships” to students each year. There will be 3 grants awarded, to the value of R10 000 each for studies at Honours level (or 4th year), in a botanically-related science field of study.
Admirable Scholarship in South Africa for Students.
User Review( votes)
The South African Association of Botanists (SAAB) was founded in order to promote and maintain the status of the Botany profession across all sectors and to perform functions which may attain the objectives of the profession.
Applications Deadline: February 27, 2019.
To be eligible, the applicants must be following all the given criteria:
- These are available to students from South Africa, Namibia, Botswana, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Lesotho, Swaziland, Angola, Malawi, Democratic Republic of Congo, Tanzania, Seychelles, Mozambique, Mauritius, Madagascar, Comoros.
- These will be awarded in the field of botanically-related science.
- The free study is open for studies at the Honours level (or 4th year) and MSc studies.
- Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- Graduated with a minimum overall average of 70%
- Study at a tertiary institution in South Africa
- Currently, a member/ apply to become a member of SAAB
- Have a supervisor that is a paid-up member of SAAB
- MSc students: graduated with a BSc honors degree AND achieved a minimum overall average of 70%
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Applications must be submitted electronically via email to [email protected]
(Insert the words “SAAB Scholarship – Your Full Name” in the email subject line).
Note: Ensure that your documents are in .pdf format
- Supporting Documents: Students who meet the requirements and would like to apply must submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation are ID document (certified copy), Full academic transcripts (certified copies), Curriculum Vitae (with names and contact details of 2 referees), The motivational letter was written by yourself with a description of your proposed honours/4th-year research interests, Motivational letter (from your honours/4th-year project supervisor), Names and values of the other bursaries you have applied.
Benefit: the applicants will receive:
- There will be 3 awards awarded, to the value of R10 000 each for studies at Honours level (or 4th year), in a botanically-related science field of study.
- There will also be 1 grant awarded, to the value of R40 000 for MSc studies.