SACEMA invites applications for bursaries to study towards Masters or PhD degrees in fields relating to epidemiological modelling and biostatistics. A background in quantitative methods is required, and interdisciplinary experience is welcome. Previous exposure to SACEMA’s core research areas will be an advantage, and priority will be given to applicants demonstrating high motivation and affinities for SACEMA’s mission and goals.
All SACEMA-funded students must work on a research project of direct relevance to SACEMA’s mission and are required to attend Research Days each year, with the associated costs being covered by SACEMA. SACEMA provides research facilities and a stimulating environment in which scientists can interact to transcend disciplinary and institutional boundaries.
Golden opportunity for aspirants
User Review( votes)
Study Subject(s): epidemiological modelling and biostatistics.
Course Level: Postgraduate(Masters and PhD)
Scholarship Provider: Department of Science & Technology
The award can be taken at South Africa
- Must be registered at SU; in most cases must be physically based at SACEMA
- The project proposal is developed post-application
- Sponsored participation in SACEMA-run short courses
- Eligible to apply for travel support
- Regular seminar attendance expected
Scholarship Open for International Students: No
How to Apply
Please complete the Internal or External Bursary application form (link below), upload supporting documents according to the instructions, and commission an academic referee’s support letter, all to be received by the closing date for applications: Monday 1 July 2019.
- Instructions and checklist for Masters application
- Instructions and checklist for PhD application
- Download the Internal Bursary Application Flyer
- Download the External Bursary Application Flyer
- Online application form (use for Masters or PhD Internal Bursary application)
application Deadline: July 1, 2019