Saint Louis University (SLU) is calling for applications for its SLU Presidential program being held for 2020-21 academic year.
The program is a four-year award open to encourage and support for exemplary student leaders to study full-time at SLU with full tuition discount for eight consecutive fall and spring semesters.
Fab choice for us students
User Review( votes)
No matter where you started your education, Saint Louis University is a great place to continue it. Established in 1818, SLU is one of the nation’s oldest and most prestigious Catholic universities.
Why at Saint Louis University? Considering Saint Louis University will be the next step toward your education. At SLU, you have an option to explore more than 90 majors and programs and they prepare you for whatever comes next.
Application Deadline: December 1st.
- University or Organization: Saint Louis University (SLU)
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Undergraduate, Graduate, and Online degree or program
- Award: Full cost of tuition
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: US Citizens
- The award can be taken in the United States
- Eligible Countries: Applications form the US are accepted only
- Eligible Course or Subjects: The sponsorship will be awarded to study undergraduate, graduate, and Online degree or program in any subject offered by the university
- Eligibility Criteria: The applicants must meet all the following:
- Cumulative high school GPA of 3.85 or higher, weighted or unweighted, as reported on your transcript at the end of your junior year
- An official test score of at least 30 composites on the ACT or SAT of at least 1330 (math + critical reasoning) taken prior to March 2016 or a 1360 (math + evidence-based reading and writing) taken after March 2016
How to Apply
The mode of application is online.
- How to Apply: Before applying, the applicants must complete and submit the online application for freshman admission all required materials (transcripts, ACT or SAT scores, etc.). After that students can complete and submit the separate Presidential application and all required materials.
- Supporting Documents: As part of the application, the applicants must submit a scholarship essay, résumé and two letters of recommendation.
The topic for Scholarship Essay: Prepare a 500-word answer to the following essay question before starting your application:
The Presidential award is awarded to students who live Saint Louis University’s mission of being servant leaders and men and women for others along with demonstrating strong leadership and interpersonal skills. What does it mean to you to be a leader? Give a detailed example of how you have positively influenced others through leadership, and explain how you would continue the University’s mission as a student.
- Admission Requirements: Applicants must have high school GPA of 3.85 or higher and required ACT or SAT score. Check out full admission requirements here.
- Language Requirement: All applicants must demonstrate that they have met the English language proficiency requirements.
The Saint Louis University (SLU) will provide all the full tuition for eight consecutive full-time (up to 18 credit hours) fall and spring semesters.
Presidential Scholars can apply for additional funding (up to $1,200) to support an Investigative Learning Experience that can take the form of a research venture, service project, internship or other co-curricular endeavor.