The University of St Andrews is offering Sappi scholarship for South African Students. The scholarship is available for undertaking a four-year undergraduate degree course, excluding Medicine.
The University of St Andrews (informally known as St Andrews University or simply St Andrews; abbreviated as St And, from the Latin Sancti Andreae, in post-nominals) is a British public research university in St Andrews, Fife, Scotland.
A valuable study program for African candidates
User Review( votes)
The candidate should have a very good command of the English language. Therefore, the application should be written in English.
- Application Deadline: Closed
- Course Level: Scholarship is available for pursuing an undergraduate degree course.
- Study Subject: All excluding Medicine, with a preference to students studying International Relations, Management or Sustainable Development.
- Scholarship Award: This scholarship is an award of £35,000 per academic year and will contribute towards tuition fees and maintenance including accommodation and travel costs incurred by the student. Preference is given to students studying International Relations, Management or Sustainable Development.
- Number of Scholarships: There is only one scholarship available.
- Scholarship can be taken in the UK
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Eligible Countries: Citizens of South Africa are eligible to apply.
- Entrance Requirements: Only available to students entering the first year of an undergraduate 4-year degree programme at St Andrews.
- English Language Requirements: The candidate should have a very good command of English language. Therefore, the application should be written in English.
If applying to this scholarship, please be aware of the following requirements:
- Your name, the name of your town of origin, school/college and the subject of study will be passed to the benefactors of your scholarship. These details may also be used in University publications and passed to the University’s Development and Press Offices to use in promoting fundraising for other Scholarships. Further details will only be released with your express permission.
- Your scholarship award in subsequent years of study is conditional upon your successful completion of the academic requirements to progress in your proposed subject of study at the University of St Andrews. If your scholarship is subject-related then your award is usually also conditional upon your continuing to study that specific subject.
- Attendance at Development related scholarship events (including invitations to meet the donors) is strongly encouraged. You will be invited to these as appropriate by the Development Office.
- Submission of reports throughout the period of scholarship support. You are required to submit an Introductory Biography at the start of your award period and the Development Office will contact you towards the end of each semester for a report on your time at St Andrews to share with the donors of your award. This will be an annual cycle for the duration of your award.
How to Apply:
After applying for your chosen course beginning in the 2018-2019 academic year, you must allow at least two working days for processing and issue of your log in details before you can apply for this scholarship.
You can access the application form through Scholarships and Funding within My Application (applicant portal).