The South African Reserve Bank (SARB) is offering five grants to postgraduate students registered at South African universities. The grants are open to masters and doctoral students registered at South African universities.
The South African Reserve Bank (SARB) is the central bank of South Africa. It was established in 1921 after Parliament passed an act, the “Currency and Bank Act of 10 August 1920”, as a direct result of the abnormal monetary and financial conditions which World War I had brought.
Nice opportunity for South African students to get Masters and doctoral study.
User Review( votes)
University or Organization: The South African Reserve Bank
Course Level: Masters and doctoral study
Award: R75 000.00
Access Mode: Online
Number of Awards: NA
Nationality: South African students
The program can be taken in South Africa
Application Deadline: Closed
- Proposals should indicate how the research project will help to improve the broader understanding of financial stability issues in South Africa.
- Recipients of grants will be required to submit a paper upon completion, which is available for publication by the SARB. The publication will be subject to standard peer review processes.
- Research supervisors will be required to submit a progress report by 31 July 2018.
- South African students are eligible to apply.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Submit the required documentation to the following e-mail address: ruth.ollier-at-resbank.co.za.
- Supporting Documents: Documentation to be submitted:
- Completed application form
- Research Proposal no more than five pages in length, with a one-page summary.
- A full academic transcript to mid-2017.
- A letter of recommendation from the supervisor of the research.
- A certified copy of your South African identity document.
- A certified copy of your passport if you are not a South African citizen.
- Admission Requirement: Applicants must have previous degree.