SABB Scholarship Scheme: As one of the leading financial institutions in Saudi Arabia, The Saudi British Bank (SABB) has a deep routed interest in the longer-term development of the Kingdom and its people. Whilst its principal concern is to provide a full range of banking services for its customers, SABB also believes that well established companies and institutions should be involved in the educational development of the population as a whole.
The Directors of SABB have therefore set up The Saudi British Bank Scholarship Scheme to provide a number of educational scholarships to support the longer-term career growth of Saudi nationals. Under the Scholarship Scheme, SABB will fund selected candidates for Master of Business Administration (MBA) courses in the UK. These financial aid positions will enable young, enterprising Saudis to extend their educational achievements and so contribute to the future development of the country.
User Review( votes)
Key features of The Saudi British Bank Scholarship Scheme
• The sponsorship will be offered for a one-year full-time MBA course, of relevance to the financial sector, at an appropriate British University. The course will normally begin in September or October each year and will last until August or September of the following year
• The support will cover the tuition fee, cost of accommodation, return travel to Saudi Arabia, and a daily allowance. Please note that funding from the SABB is for the candidate only and will not extend to any accompanying persons.
The following are the general requirements under The Saudi British Bank Scholarship Scheme. All applicants should:
• be Saudi nationals between the ages of 28 and 35 at the time of application
• have obtained a first degree at Grade A or B (or GPA of very good and above) from an accredited university either in Saudi Arabia or overseas
• have two or three years of work experience since receiving the university degree
• able to demonstrate high standards of academic and professional ability, with the potential to reach a position of significant responsibility, in either a private or public sector organisation, in the future
• have an excellent knowledge of the English language
• be in good health (a medical examination will be arranged for successful candidates).
The closing date for receiving applications for 2009/10 is 3 December 2008.
How and who to contact
If you think that you meet the selection requirements, please contact either:
The Saudi British Bank
(SABB Scholarship Scheme)
Learning & Development NHO
PO Box 9084
Telephone +9661 402 0677 x 4187
Al-Fazary Square, Diplomatic Quarter
Officer No. C – 14
PO Box 58012
Telephone +9661 483 1818