The University of Sydney is inviting applications for the 2021 Sydney Scholars Awards. These awards are open for international and Australian students (including New Zealand).
To be eligible, you will need to apply for a Sydney Scholars Award on hardship grounds. Awards are available for pursuing the undergraduate degree and combined degrees.
The University of Sydney, founded in 1850, is an internationally renowned teaching and research institution in Australia that provides a wide range of programmes. Its purpose is to assist you in developing the skills, knowledge, and values required to lead in a rapidly changing world.
Why study at the University of Sydney? The University of Sydney is an Australian public research university in Sydney, Australia. Founded in 1850, it is Australia’s first university and is regarded as one of the country’s leading universities.
Application Deadline: September 30, 2021
University or Organization: University of Sydney
Course Level: Undergraduate degree and combined degrees
Access Mode: Online
Number of Awards: 2
Nationality: International and Australian applicants
The program can be taken in Australia
- be a domestic student (this includes New Zealand citizens), or an international student who has recently completed an International Baccalaureate (or educational award equivalent to the HSC)
- be applying for admission through UAC
- have achieved an ATAR of 95 or above (if you are applying to the Sydney Conservatorium of Music or the Sydney Dental School you must receive an ATAR of 90 or above)
- apply in the year that you complete your secondary education (if you are offered a Sydney Scholars Award, you may defer it for up to two years).
How to Apply
- How to Apply: For Sydney Scholars Awards, applicants will need to complete an online application form.
- Supporting Documents: To apply, candidates must be ready to upload their most recent school report, Provision for a personal statement.
- Admission Requirements: To apply for the program applicants must have a previous degree.
- Language Requirement: Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
There are two Sydney Scholars Awards valued at $6000 per year, and are tenable for one to five years (including for combined undergraduate degrees):
- $6000 per year for the duration of undergraduate degree
- $6000 for one year of the undergraduate degree.