Scholarship Programme for Diaspora Children (SPDC) is a well-known programme launched by MOIA, Government of India for Persons of Indian Origin (PIOs) and Non-Resident Indians (NRIs). Total 100 scholarships are awarded for pursuing undergraduate studies in Professional and Non-Professional courses (except Medical and related courses) in India.
Assistance provided under comprises of financial assistance, primarily towards tuition fee, admission fee and post admission services.
Golden chance for applicants.
User Review( votes)
- Study Subject(s): The courses of study are available in the following areas: Engineering/Architecture/Technology, Humanities/ Liberal Arts, Commerce, Management: BBA/BBM, Computers: BCA, Journalism, Hotel Management, Agriculture/Animal Husbandry, Sciences, Law and Ayurveda etc.
- Course Level: The SPDC is applicable to undergraduate studies in Professional and Non-Professional courses (except Medical and related courses).
- Scholarship Provider: The Ministry of Overseas Indian Affairs (MOIA), Government of India
- Scholarship can be taken at India
Applicants must be
- a Persons of Indian Origin (PIO) and a citizen of a country listed or
- an Indian National studying abroad.
- The Indian Nationals must have had at least 3 (three) years of education in foreign countries listed during the last 6 (six) years and must have passed the qualifying examination inclusive of 11th and 12th standard or equivalent (not beyond), from countries listed.
- Academic Qualification: Applicants must possess the following academic qualification:
Scholarship Open for Students of Following Countries: Persons of Indian Origin (Persons of Indian Origin (PIOs) shall mean the Persons who are citizens of other countries (except Pakistan and Bangladesh) who at any time held an Indian Passport, or who or either of his/her parent or any of his/her grandparent was a citizen of India) and Non-Resident Indians (NRIs) can apply for these scholarships.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Applications should be sent by post. Eligible candidates who have passed/appearing for the qualifying examination in 2013 can also apply by submitting the completed Application Form and other documents. The following documents/transcripts/certificates have to be attached with the application:
- The authenticated transcripts of all marks/grades secured in the qualifying examination should be attached with the application form.
- In the case of Indian Nationals, the qualifying examination 10+2 or equivalent should have been passed from any country listed only. Documentary evidence must be enclosed with the application.
- The marks obtained by the candidates in improvement/compartment examination shall not be considered.
- Incomplete/illegible applications in any respect would be summarily rejected without any communication to the candidates.
- Self-attested certification for family income should also be enclosed.
Application Deadline: Closed