The Government of India has started the Merit-cum-Means Based Scholarship scheme to the students belonging to the Minority Communities from academic year 2007-08. The objective of the Scheme is to provide financial assistance to the poor and meritorious students to enable them to pursue professional and technical courses.
Maintenance allowance will be credited to the student’s account. The course fee will be paid by the State Department directly to the institute concerned.
Great offer for applicants.
User Review( votes)
- The course must be Professional /Technical. A detailed list of courses is available on the website under scholarship Section.
- The admission to the courses should be on the basis of a competitive examination.
- Continuation/renewal of the program in subsequent years will depend on successful completion of the course during the preceding year.
- A scholarship holder under this scheme will not avail any other scholarship/stipend/fee concession for pursuing the course.
- The annual income (from all sources) of the beneficiary/parent or guardian of beneficiary should not exceed Rs.2.50 lakh from all sources.
- An INDIAN national student permanent resident of MAHARASHTRA will be entitled to a scholarship under the quota of MAHARASHTRA, irrespective of his place of study in India.
How to Apply
The documents required along with the application are as follows:
- One copy of latest passport size colour photograph with signature
- Attested certificates of educational qualification as filled up in para 11.
- Income declaration – affidavit on non-judicial stamp paper of Rs. 50/- and income certificate from the employer (in prescribed proforma) [ to be submitted after
- Proof of permanent residence – Domicile Certificate / Ration Card
- The Application sent by HAND/COURIER/SPEED POST/RPAD/POST through Institute and reached to the Nodal Officer only in scheduled date, shall be considered for processing.
- The institute is directed to follow the guidelines of the Scheme. The concern Directorates /University Authorities are requested to disseminate the awareness of this scheme to the targeted students.