The Wollongong Conservatorium of Music is offering scholarships for young musicians who demonstrate commitment, with a focus on students whose financial circumstances mean they may not be otherwise able to fulfil their musical potential.
Wollongong Conservatorium of Music is one of the largest of the seventeen regional conservatoriums in New South Wales. Supported by the NSW Department of Education, Wollongong City Council, University of Wollongong and BlueScope WIN Community Partners Program, its magnificent location and surrounds make it one of the nation’s most attractive locations for music study and performance.
A fine program for claimants.
User Review( votes)
- Application deadline: November 18, 2019
Course Level: Scholarship is available for high school students.
Study Subject: Scholarship is awarded in the field of music.
- Roger Soden Scholarship – for committed, high-achieving students – up to $2000 to be used for individual lessons
- Noel Lamerton Scholarship – for residents of Shellharbour – up to $500 to be used for individual lessons
- Conservatorium Concerto Award – for advanced students – winner must play in a Conservatorium ensemble in 2017/2018 (if applicable) – competition will take place on 10 December – competitors must play one movement from a concerto or a similar work – up to $2000 ($1500 for non-ensemble instruments)
- Conservatorium Scholarships: The maximum award available will be 50% of the cost of enrolment in one program. However, all scholarship winners will be expected to enrol in a Conservatorium ensemble where appropriate. If this is an additional enrolment then the scholarship award will also cover 50% of the ensemble fee.
- Number of Scholarships: Students can apply for multiple scholarships, but may only be awarded one.
- Scholarship can be taken in Australia
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Eligible Countries: Australian citizens are eligible to apply.
- Entrance Requirements: Applicants must be attending school in 2019.
To apply for a named scholarship please select the name(s) of the scholarship in the appropriate place on the application form. To apply for a Conservatorium scholarship, simply select Conservatorium scholarship at the appropriate place.