Are you looking for a way to gain higher education in India? With LIC Golden Jubilee Scholarship Scheme, you can achieve your educational goal. The program is open to students related to the economically weaker section to pursue higher studies.
The GJS award program is available to students willing to pursue higher education studies in a government or private college or university in India. The award will also cover vocational and technical courses in Industrial Training Centres/Industrial Training Institutes.
LIC Golden Jubilee Scholarships in India
Nice opportunity for economically weaker students in India.
User Review( votes)
LIC Golden Jubilee Foundation was recognized on October 20, 2006, as a part of LIC’s Corporate Social Responsibility. GJ Foundation can provide a great avenue for fulfilling social responsibility at the corporate level and philanthropic needs at the individual level. The purposes of the LIC Golden Jubilee Foundation are encouraging education, health, relief of poverty or distress, and advancement of other objects of general public utility.
Why apply for this LIC Golden Jubilee Scholarship? The scheme aims to award funding to meritorious students from Economically Weaker Sections to provide them with better chances for higher education and employment.
Application Deadline: December 18, 2022.
- University or Organization: Life Insurance Corporation of India,
- Department: Golden Jubilee Foundation
- Course Level: All technical and vocational courses and Integrated Courses after XII Std
- Award: Rs.10, 000/- per annum and Rs.20, 000/- per annum
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: 30
- Nationality: Indian
- The award can be taken in India
- Eligible Countries: India
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The grant is offered to students who are interested and willing to pursue higher education in the field of Medicine, Engineering, Graduation in any discipline, Integrated Courses, Diploma Courses in any field or other equivalent courses, Vocational Courses through Government recognized Colleges /Institutes or courses in Industrial Training Institutes (ITIs) / Industrial Training Centres affiliated with the National Council for Vocational Training (NCVT) and also Integrated Courses after XII Std.
- Admissible Criteria: The applicants must meet all the following to be eligible:
- For Regular Scholar
- All candidates 1) who have passed the Class XII exam (or its equivalent) – Regular/Vocational/Diploma with at least 60% marks or equivalent grade in the Academic Year 2021-22 and 2) whose parents/guardian have an annual income not exceeding Rs.2,50,000 per annum (from all sources) are eligible to apply for a scholarship.
- All candidates passed the Class X exam (or its equivalent) with at least 60% marks (or equivalent grade) in the Academic Year 2021-22 and whose parents/guardians have an annual income not exceeding Rs.2,50,000 per annum(from all sources).
- The grant is provided to students pursuing higher education in Vocational / Diploma Courses via Government recognized colleges/ institutions or courses in Industrial Training Institutes (ITI).
- For Special Girl Child Scholar
- To encourage education for the girl child, Special scholarship for Girl Child after class 10 for pursuing higher studies in Intermediate/10 + 2 pattern/ Vocational or Diploma Courses through Government recognized colleges/ institutions or courses in Industrial Training Institutes (ITI) for two years.
- Applicants passed the Class X exam or its equivalent with at least 60% marks (or equivalent grade) in the Academic Year 2021-22 and whose parents/guardians have an annual income (from all sources) not exceeding Rs. 2,50,000 per annum.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Only online applications are to be submitted by the link on the home page. Once an online application is submitted, the applicant will get acknowledgment on the email ID provided in the online application for LIC Golden Jubilee Scholarship Scheme in India.
- Supporting Documents: The applicants should submit the correct email id and contact number for communication.
- Additional Requirements: Applicants must belong to Economically Weaker Sections.
- Language Requirement:
- An amount of Rs.20 000/- per annum will be awarded to the chosen Regular Scholar and shall be payable in three installments.
- An amount of Rs.10 000/ per annum will be awarded to the chosen Special Girl Child, and the scholarship shall be payable in three installments.
- The Scholarship amount will be transferred to the Bank Account of the chosen scholar through NEFT.
- Twenty (20) students will be chosen for Regular Scholarship Scheme and ten (10) for Girl Child Scholarship Scheme.