The Diplomatic Academy of Vienna is offering scholarships on the basis of academic excellence and financial need. The studentships are open to students of all nationalities for pursuing Master of Advanced International Studies (MAIS) programme.
The MAIS programme is a two-year academic programme which centres on the advanced study of politics and international relations, international economics, history, and international and European law.
User Review( votes)
The Diplomatic Academy of Vienna, or simply DA is a postgraduate professional school based in Vienna, Austria, with focused training for students and professionals in the areas of international affairs, political science, law, languages, history, and economics.
Course Level: The studentships are available for pursuing Master of Advanced International Studies (MAIS) programme.
Study Subject: The studentships are awarded in the fields of political science, international relations, economics and international economic relations, contemporary history, as well as international and European law.
Award: The amount granted in scholarships and tuition waivers varies, but most are in the region of 50% of the tuition fee. The studentships are awarded on an annual basis.
Number of Awards: Financial assistance in the form of student loans and scholarships is available to specific target groups, depending on the number of sponsorships received. Additionally, there is a limited number of partial tuition waivers granted by the DA to students of all nationalities based solely on academic performance.
The award can be taken in Austria
Eligibility: In order to be eligible for admission to the MAIS programme candidates must have:
- A university degree in any discipline (minimum 180 ECTS)
- An excellent command of English
Nationality: Students of all nationalities are eligible to apply.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have previous degree.
Test Requirement: No
English Language Requirement: Those candidates whose mother tongue is not English must furnish evidence of their competence in English in the form of:
- A first degree in English
- Cambridge English: Proficiency (CPE)
- Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE) – grade: A
- IELTS (academic module with a minimum grade of 7.0)
- TOEFL (minimum marks of 627 points in the paper test, 263 points in the computer test, or 106 points in the Internet test); DA institutional code (aka DI code) = 7730
How to Apply: In order to apply for a scholarship, applicants should submit the filled in and hand-signed funding form together with the required application documents.
- Fill in the online application form and upload CV. The document size of CV must not exceed 1 MB.
- Post copies of the following to the DA Registrar’s Office (the documents should reach the Registrar by 15 January or 1 March 2018 at the latest):
- Motivation letter
- Proof of competence in English (please check the requirements and the list of accepted certificates under the tag “admission”)
- University/college diploma (Candidates who have not yet finished their university/college studies at the time of application may submit their diploma by 31 July 2018. In case the applicant does not fulfil this requirement, the provisionally reserved study place is forfeited.)
- Transcript of grades
- Copy of passport
- Photo (passport sized)
- Two academic recommendation letters. These must be submitted by the referees to the candidate in a sealed envelope or submitted by the referees directly to our registrar by postal mail.
- If students are applying for a scholarship, you are required to mail the duly completed and signed (no electronic signatures) funding form.
Application Deadline: The application deadlines: January 15 (early decision) and March 1, 2018 (regular decision)