The University of Mary Washington is offering scholarships for International Students. Programs are available for pursuing undergraduate program.
Scholarships are awarded to study the subjects offered by the university. These are renewable for up to three additional years of undergraduate study at UMW.
Golden opportunity for International students.
User Review( votes)
The University of Mary Washington is a public university in Virginia that focuses on undergraduate education in the liberal arts and sciences. The university offers 121 approved programs in 56 countries, five exchange programs, and more than 15 programs led by UMW faculty during spring breaks and summer sessions.
Why at the University of Mary Washington? At the university, students choose more than 60 majors and programs of study.UMW has five pre-professional programs: pre-dental, pre-law, pre-med, pre-pharmacy, and pre-veterinary.
University or Organization: University of Mary Washington
Course Level: Undergraduate program
Access Mode: Online
Number of Awards: NA
Nationality: International students
The program can be taken in the USA
Application Deadline: Closed
Graduates of English Language Studies (ELS) level 112 coming to UMW directly from an ELS center are eligible for the following scholarships instead:
- An annual $2,500 Academic Achievement Award, with a cumulative ELS 112 GPA of 3.0 or higher. It’s renewable for a total of eight semesters as long as the student takes a minimum of 12 credits per semester and maintains a 2.5 GPA.
- An annual $5,000 Academic Excellence Award, with a cumulative GPA of 3.5 or higher in ELS Levels 110 to 112. It’s renewable for a total of eight semesters as long as the student takes a minimum of 12 credit hours per semester and maintains a 2.5 GPA.
- International students are eligible to apply.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Please submit The Common Application or the Coalition Application, essay or approved waiver online.
- Supporting Documents: These are the items required of international applicants for admission consideration.
- The Application
- Transcripts and/or Exam Scores
- English Language Proficiency
- Financial Support
- Admission Requirement: Applicants must have a previous degree.
- Language Requirement: Proof of English language proficiency should be sent directly to UMW from the evaluating organization. These exam scores will get you in the running:
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL 80 IBT)
- ELS Language Center’s Intensive English Program (Level 112 completion)
- International English Language Testing System (6.5 on the academic exam)
- College Board’s SAT (Evidence-Based Critical Reading, 550; Math 550; use UMW SAT testing code 5398)
- ACT (composite score of 22 or higher; use UMW ACT testing code 4414)