The University of Leicester School of Museum Studies offers Open and diversity awards for 2018. The studentships are open to applicants for either postgraduate diploma or master’s programmes commencing their studies in autumn 2018.
The aim of the diversity awards is to take positive action to encourage more UK-based individuals from underrepresented backgrounds to consider a museums and galleries sector career and apply for and participate in museum studies training with the School of Museum Studies.
User Review( votes)
The University of Leicester is a public research university based in Leicester, England. The main campus is south of the city centre, adjacent to Victoria Park.
- Application Deadline: June 30, 2018
- Course Level: The studentships are available for pursuing postgraduate diploma or master’s programmes.
- Study Subject: The studentships are awarded in the field of Museum Studies.
- Award: The University’s School of Museum Studies is offering six scholarships of £3,000 each.
- Number of Awards: Two scholarships of £3,000 are available to all applicants, a further four Scholarships, each of £3,000 are open to UK applicants from backgrounds that are underrepresented in the UK museum sector.
- The award can be taken in the UK
- Eligible Countries: UK and international applicants are eligible to apply.
- Entrance Requirements: You can apply for a Diversity scholarship if you meet all of the following criteria:
- You are applying to for a Postgraduate Diploma or Masters course with the School of Museum Studies.
- You are domiciled in the UK and not charged international rate fees.
- You are self-funding – applicants who will be funded by employers or other schemes are not eligible (students wishing to take out a loan can apply for a scholarship).
- You meet at least one of the diversity criteria.
How to Apply:
To apply for a scholarship you must first complete your course application form and submit the application form.