The University of Dundee is pleased to offer Gbowee Peace Foundation Africa Scholarship to pursue taught year master programme. Students from Liberia, Nigeria or Ghana are eligible to apply for these endowments.
The aim of The grant is to enable and encourage academically able students from any nationality.
User Review( votes)
The University of Dundee is a public research university based in the city and Royal Burgh of Dundee on the east coast of the central Lowlands of Scotland.
Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
- Applications Deadline: 17th November 2018
- Course Level: The studentships are available for pursuing taught year master programme.
- Study Subject: The studentships are offered in diverse fields to help students in upgrading their education.
- Scholarship Award: Scholarships of up to a total of £20,000 will be awarded to the students.
- Nationality: Students from Liberia, Nigeria or Ghana are eligible to apply for these endowments.
- Number of Scholarships: Five fellowships are available.
- The award can be taken in the UK
Eligibility for the Scholarship
Eligible Countries: Students from Liberia, Nigeria or Ghana are eligible to apply for these endowments.
Entrance Requirements: Criteria for awarding the program are as follows:
- The applicant must be a Liberian, Nigerian, Ghanaian country national citizen
- The applicant must be permanently resident in Liberia, Nigeria or Ghana at the time of application
- The applicant must be female
- Applicants will be selected on the basis of their merit and potential evidenced by their personal statement.
The awards will be given to students who are undertaking a one year taught masters programme at the University of Dundee, in the academic year 2016-17 (January 2017 entry).
Applicants should already have been offered a place at the University of Dundee and should have firmly accepted that offer or be intending to do so. We have a full list of our postgraduate courses, including details of how to apply, online.
How to Apply: Complete the application form above
- To complete the application process you must complete the form and submit all relevant documentation and return by email to Gillian Sharp.
- Please type Leymah Gbowee Scholarship in the subject area of the email.
(Applicants will also be required to provide proof of their African citizenship and permanent residence.)
Application Deadline: application deadline is 25 November 2016.