Heriot-Watt University is offering James Watt PhD Scholarship in Financial Supply Chain Risk Modelling at the School of Management and Languages. The UK and international applicants are eligible to apply.
This PhD project aims to explore the financial impact of disruptions to supply chains and logistics networks using economics and statistics theories and methods.
User Review( votes)
Heriot-Watt University is a public university based in Edinburgh, established in 1821 as the world’s first mechanics’ institute. It has branch campuses in the Scottish Borders, Orkney, Dubai, and Putrajaya in Malaysia.
- Course Level: award is available for a PhD degree programme.
- Study Subject: award is tenable in Financial Supply Chain Risk Modelling within the School of Management and Languages.
- Award: The term of the program is three years. Successful candidates will be expected to make a contribution to activities in the Department in return for a fee waiver, a maintenance allowance which is currently set at £14,296 for the year 2016-17, and a research support allowance of £2,250 over the registered period of study.
- The award can be taken in the UK
- All applications will be reviewed within the relevant department with a shortlisting decision made based on qualifications and the research proposal.
- Shortlisted applicants must have the equivalent of a minimum 2:1 Honours undergraduate degree, and a postgraduate Masters degree with an average mark of 65% or higher as well as a dissertation mark of 65% or higher.
- Applicants who are unsure if their qualifications meet the minimum criteria should contact the School’s PhD Administrator to discuss their application.
- Please note that possession of the minimum qualifications does not guarantee to shortlist for interview
- Nationality: The UK and international applicants are eligible to apply.
How to Apply:
Please submit your application via our online application portal. Under Application Type please select ‘Research PG’ from the options. In the section, Planned Programme of Study please selects ‘Economics PhD’ from the options. Once applicants have completed their application, ensure that they click “Application is Complete” on the Checklist. If they have any problems with the online application process please email their query to pgadmissions-at-hw.ac.uk
In order that their application can be processed, please ensure that all the supporting documents listed below are submitted with their application:
- Research proposal
- Academic transcripts
- English Language Transcripts
- English Language Requirements: If applicants have not already studied a degree programme that was taught and examined in the medium of English they require evidence of language proficiency. For IELTS: the minimum overall IELTS score is 6.5 with no score lower than 6.0 in Reading, Writing, Speaking and Listening.
Application Deadline: All applications must be submitted by 22nd August 2016.