SFI Centre for Research Training in Machine Learning is launching Scholarships for talented candidates commencing in September 2023. Researchers in machine learning and technical machine learning should grab this opportunity and apply now.
The scholarship application is open to international and domestic students through the Technical Machine Learning Track or Machine Learning Track. Applicants must have the desired qualification, i.e., a 2.1 grade (or equivalent) in a relevant field and experience in the field to be considered eligible. The scholarship award is worth €120,000 overall for four years od study.
Amazing opportunity for students to get financial assistance in Ireland.
User Review( votes)
SFI Centre for Research Training in Machine Learning was established in 2000. It was established as a sub-board of Forfás to administer Ireland’s Technology Foresight Fund. It will be a global innovation leader in scientific and engineering research for the advancement of Ireland’s economy and society.
Why choose to study at the SFI Centre? The SFI Centre for Research Training in Machine Learning delivers ambitious study programmes which help its students develop deep research and technical expertise that is necessary for an internationally excellent PhD. The graduates at SFI Centre also gain transferable skills with a side of industry experience to make them attractive industry-ready hires.
Application Deadline: 12th February 2023 is the last day to submit an application.
- University or Organization: SFI Centre for Research Training in Machine Learning
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Research
- Award: €120,000
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International and Domestic
- The award can be taken in Ireland
- Eligible Countries: All international and Irish students can apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: PhD level studies in Technical Machine Learning or Machine Learning in Society at UCD can be applied for.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants are desired to have experience of working on the societal impact of technology and machine learning experience.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Candidates can submit their applications for this opportunity through an online application form. All applicants will be considered.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Research achievements
- Work experience
- Bachelor degree
- Bachelor degree Transcripts
- Master degree
- Master degree Transcripts
- ORCHID ID
- Github repository
- Language proficiency certificate
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must have a 2.1 grade (or equivalent) in an undergraduate or postgraduate degree in social science, digital humanities, computer science, maths, engineering, science, or a similar technical discipline.
- Language Requirement: The students must submit scores of the following English language proficiency tests:
- IELTS – 6.5
- TOEFL IBT – 90
- PTE – 63
- Duolingo – 120
Each selected candidate will be awarded a generous scholarship valued at over €120,000 which will include a tax-free stipend of €18,500 per year for four years, full coverage of tuition fees, funds for conference travel, and an ample equipment allowance.