The European Union (EU) and the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) are inviting applications for SHARE Scholarship Programme.
The studentships are available to study at ASEAN or EU universities for one semester in the period December 2017 – August 2018. Approximately 500 opportunities are available, of which 400 opportunities are allocated for intra-ASEAN mobility and 100 scholarships for ASEAN-EU mobility.
The SHARE scholarship aims to enhance the overall student experience during the mobility phase, and specifically their experience in receiving credits for the coursework done abroad and the possibility to use these credits towards their degree at their home university.
Application Deadline: Closed
- Citizens of ASEAN students from Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Brunei, Vietnam, Laos, Myanmar, and Cambodia are eligible to apply.
- The studentships are awarded to study the subjects offered by the university.
- The SHARE Scholarship is meant for active undergraduate ASEAN holders from selected ASEAN Universities that have completed at least 2 semesters at their home university to study for one semester at another selected ASEAN university.
- Exchange pupils can come from all ASEAN countries. Learners from the ASEAN Member States, except for Brunei Darussalam and Singapore, are eligible for receiving scholarship funds from this program in line with the Development Cooperation Instrument (DCI) Regulation. However, pupils from Brunei and Singapore can participate in the mobility programme at their own cost.
How to Apply
- How to apply: To participate, Holders will need to apply through the SHARE Scholarship online application system, available on their website.
- Supporting Documents: To apply, Learners must be ready to submit the Letter of acceptance from the host university, Recent academic transcript, Copy of valid passport, Recent photograph
- Admission Requirements: To apply, the candidate should have completed at least two (2) semesters at their home university and pupils of a participating university.
- Language Requirement: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
The SHARE Scholarship covers tuition fees (waived by the universities), a monthly stipend/living allowance, return airfare, health insurance, a one-time settling-in allowance, study materials, and visa costs throughout the duration of the programme.