The International Shari’ah Research Academy for Islamic Finance (ISRA) is inviting applications for Shari’ah Awards. These opportunities are open to all nationalities pursuing postgraduate studies (Master’s or Doctoral) in the field of Shari’ah or Islamic finance at recognized institutions of higher learning in Malaysia.
The Shari’ah Award is part of the Fund for Shari’ah Scholars in Islamic Finance, which was established to enhance knowledge and research, strengthen talents, and encourage intellectual discourse in the field of Shari’ah in Islamic Finance.
User Review( votes)
The International Shari’ah Research Academy for Islamic Finance, more commonly known by its acronym, ISRA, has been established to promote applied research in the area of Shari’ah and Islamic finance.
Course Level: The studentships are available for pursuing Masters or Doctoral studies in Shari’ah, Islamic Finance or its equivalent in a full-time mode.
- Academic tuition fees – excluding registration or entrance fee, refundable deposit, personal bond, and accommodation;
- Subsistence allowance;
- Book allowance
- Equipment allowance
- Conference allowance
- Thesis/end of study allowance
The award can be taken in Malaysia
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the opportunity :
- Obtained a Bachelor Degree in Shari’ah from recognized local or international universities (Bachelor degree in Shari’ah, Muamalat, Jurisprudence, Islamic Law, Fiqh, Usul al-Fiqh or its equivalent);
- Obtained an offer to pursue or is currently pursuing Masters or Doctoral studies in Shari’ah, Islamic Finance or its equivalent in a full-time mode;
- Obtained a minimum CGPA of 3.50 (on a 4.0 scale), 4.0 (on a 5.0 scale), 80% (on a 100% point scale), pass with distinction or its equivalent;
- Fulfilled or passed language proficiency requirements specified by the programme;
- Applicants should NOT be in receipt of any other Award or financial assistance.
Nationality: award is open to citizens of all countries.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must have obtained a Bachelor Degree in Shari’ah from recognized local or international universities (Bachelor degree in Shari’ah, Muamalat, Jurisprudence, Islamic Law, Fiqh, Usul al-Fiqh or its equivalent).
English language Requirements: Applicants must have fulfilled or passed language proficiency requirements specified by the program.
How to Apply: Applicants can apply by post. The application form must be accompanied by a complete portfolio of documents as follows:-
- Application form;
- A copy of letter of offer; an official letter of admission from the institution of higher learning confirming your placement at the institution;
- A copy of academic certificates and full transcripts – Bachelor and/or Master’s degree;
- A photocopy of personal identification/passport;
- Two letters of recommendation from referees;
- A copy of thesis proposal – applicable for programme by researcher coursework & research.
- An application must be submitted by hand or through registered post or courier service not later than 20 February 2017 to: Shari’ah Award, International Shari’ah Research Academy for Islamic Finance (ISRA), ISRA-at-INCEIF, Lorong Universiti A, 59100 Kuala Lumpur
Application Deadline: Closed